Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My newest pair
(01-17-2015, 02:50 PM)Catherine Wrote:
Quote:Yes the Lunkaryas are amazing. I always looked at them thinking they looked like guinea pigs having bad hair days as their hair is is wild and crazy. I never thought I would have them in my breeding plans, but I wanted to have something totally different from what I usually have, plus these are from show breeders so they are purebred and top quality.

They are a real find then. If you are starting from good stock you can produce the babies you want. Show breeders are careful about their lines and can give you good information about the piggies you are getting. How many Lunkaryas would you be getting. Do they come in a range of colours? Of course I like the black and white ones.

I have sad news, I found Guinevere dead in the corner of the cage. No idea what happened as she was perfectly ok before. Totally gutted as I really liked her and was hoping for some lovely babies off the pair of them. I got in touch with the breeder I had her from and she has offered to replace her with another sheltie sow so once I make my mind up what to have I can go and collect her.

At the moment I only have the one male Lunkarya, but on my hunt to find a sow for him, I ended up buying a lovely pair of them and they arrive the weekend, so they will be in the breeding cage straight away. I have also got another breeding pair also coming on Sunday, these are coronets as I want to try and strengthen my coronets, as the only ones I have left to breed with are Cupid and his son Prince. The girls, Belle, Rapunzel and Pocahontas are all now in retirement as they are almost 2 years old and I felt that they deserved a long break. Remember when I first had them as babies? Hasn't the time flown?

I had a sort out in my sheds today, moving all retired sows into one big cage (plus Pablo), and the sows that I have decided to sell/rehome, leaving me a cage free for some other peruvian sows which I will have on Monday. And next week, hopefully, all the lops will be going so I can then move all the Netherland bucks into their empty hutches in the new shed leaving me with spare cages in the old shed to be able to put the boars into when they have to be split up from the sows. I will have the sheds as I want soon, that's the plan anyway Smiley4

Messages In This Thread
My newest pair - by hungrypigs - 01-08-2015, 05:20 AM
RE: My newest pair - by Catherine - 01-08-2015, 04:27 PM
RE: My newest pair - by hungrypigs - 01-08-2015, 08:01 PM
RE: My newest pair - by Catherine - 01-09-2015, 01:53 PM
RE: My newest pair - by hungrypigs - 01-10-2015, 03:25 AM
RE: My newest pair - by Catherine - 01-10-2015, 04:22 PM
RE: My newest pair - by hungrypigs - 01-17-2015, 02:02 AM
RE: My newest pair - by Catherine - 01-17-2015, 02:50 PM
RE: My newest pair - by hungrypigs - 01-31-2015, 02:44 AM
RE: My newest pair - by Catherine - 01-31-2015, 11:27 AM