Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whole Foods controversy.
I know all about 'Barn eggs' and would never subscribe to those conditions. There is a barn egg facility less than a quarter of a mile from my house. I have been inside, and know what it's like. I was offered a job there only last year, but declined the offer.
It sounds like a healthy option when we see the eggs stacked up in the store with nice pictures of hens and hay on the boxes.....or "certified organic"....or "from hens which are free to roam"....or goodness knows what else to make it seem okay.
I am under no illusion that some large companies who supply"Whole Healthy Foods" settle for half-measures to cut costs no doubt.
And animal welfare laws don't always help. I have heard that for some eggs to be classed as 'free range' the only criteria for that is fresh air in the chickens' living area, (for a certain time each day) and a skylight (or similar) opened for a limited time each day to let natural light in.
When it comes to animals' right to live a decent life, it seems many manufacturers will exploit legal loopholes because their profits would be lessened if they did the right thing.

Messages In This Thread
Whole Foods controversy. - by Catherine - 01-13-2015, 04:25 PM
RE: Whole Foods controversy. - by LPC - 01-13-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: Whole Foods controversy. - by Tobi - 01-14-2015, 03:14 AM
RE: Whole Foods controversy. - by Catherine - 01-14-2015, 03:24 PM
RE: Whole Foods controversy. - by Tobi - 01-15-2015, 03:28 AM
RE: Whole Foods controversy. - by Catherine - 01-15-2015, 03:56 PM