Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flossie
Over the Christmas Holidays we took a trip up North to Yorkshire and Derbyshire to visit my husband's grown up children and their families. His daughter, Shelley, has recently adopted a cat from a neighbour. The poor little thing was very stressed and had a lot of fleas. She seemed to be reacting to the flea bites and her skin was all scabby. She was very scared of new people and was known to run and hide, even from her previous owner. Within 5 minutes of our arrival she was sitting on my daughter, Anna's, lap. A few hours later we took this photo. We nearly came home with a cat!!

[img][Image: 15719883933_b7c421fe0a.jpg]Flossie by Gillian Clancy, on Flickr[/img]
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
Oh what a beautiful cat! It's lovely that she felt such trust in Anna. Flea bites can cause a very bad reaction, a flea-bite allergy can happen too. I hope she will be okay.
The poor cat. I hope she recovers.
Anna has a special magic with animals. They feel safe in her presence. She would have been an interesting addition to your family. I suppose if she doesn't settle in where she is, you can still get her.

I hope Anna plans to work with animals. They really like her. That cat looks totally relaxed.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Flossie is delightful. I'm not a cat person, really, but she won me over.
Her fleas are being treated and her skin is improving so it's all looking good for her at Shelley's.
I'm not sure what Anna's career plans are, but I'm sure whatever she does there will be lots of animals in her life. All animals seem to take to her, her Dad's the same. I love animals but they don't run to me in the way they run to the other two. I have to earn their trust but over the years I have become quite good at it.
Greeting from Wales.
Hwyl Fawr o'r Cymru.
This is the web site of the rescue I volunteer at.
http://guinearescue.blogspot.co.uk/
I am glad Flossie is improving. I am sure she will do well.

Some people just attract animals. Your daughter is one of them. It must run in the family.
They may not come to you right away, but they do bond with you pretty quickly. Animals know you have a soft spot for them and they respond to it.
Catherine

Flossie is one pretty kitty. Glad to hear she is getting fixed up.
Tobi is right, flea bites can cause an allergic reaction in animals. Once she gets rid of the fleas she should heal up quite nicely.
I wish Anna good luck with Flossie. She seems so content in her new home.
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
She certainly looks happy enough.

Fleas are such a "tiny" problem, but they can really cause a lot of problems if they are untreated.
Catherine