Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Constipated Jack Russell
Having a dog and a busy life isn't so bad in a multi-person household. Especially where children are teenagers, or where an elderly but still fairly fit relative also lives.
But it's harder where there is only one person. Unless it's possible to work from home.

Anyway....here's another little snippet from Misty's memoirs to cheer us up!

The Mystery of Sticks. (Or English For Hungarians.)
(From Misty's Memoirs.)

The Woman told me I was probably part-Hungarian. And even though rather runt-like and small, I could be carrying some Hungarian heritage.
She told me that to add a few more words of English to my vocabulary wouldn't go amiss.
All I had known of English up to that point were words like &*^%$....and ^%£)*.....'Geddardavere'.....'Drug-Squad'....and 'Kebab Shop'. But gradually I began to learn words like 'Dinner', 'Breakfast', 'Deer', 'Squirrels' and 'Field'.

However, something had become confusing.
I had noticed many English words were connected directly with Sticks:
FantaSTICK...elaSTICK....lipSTICK....plaSTICK, and draSTICK.....for example.
My discovery of those words led me to believe that, although they pretend not to be, secretly Humans are obsessed with sticks -just like us.

FantaSTICK -a word which often makes people show their teeth with pleasure, I take to mean 'A fantasy connected with sticks.'
DraSTICK, on the other hand is a word they often use with some trepidation. I heard her once say "Don't do that! That would be draSTICK!"
I think that word means either something scary to do with sticks -or awesome. I have never found any kind of stick to be either scary or awesome. They are just wood, and a lot of fun.
ElaSTICK....I will never completely understand. It's possible that it means 'something stretchy to do with sticks.' But I'm not sure. I have never, ever, noticed anything whatsoever stretchy about any kind of stick. They seem pretty stable as far as wood goes.

The only real problem about them is that there are never enough of the right ones. She insists on finding the 'perfect dog-stick' and won't let me play with lesser specimens for fear I might choke on crumbly wood or get thorns stuck in my tongue. (That could be what draSTICK means....)
Searching for the perfect dog-stick however, takes up precious time and can be a source of frustration.
"What?? Do you think I can find the perfect dog-stick -just like that??! They are not so very common! They don't grow on trees, you know!"
That particular comment I thought was illogical, and made me wonder how truly rational people really are.

There's a second drawback to sticks. Sometimes they get lodged up in trees, and impossible to dislodge. Whenever that happens, she usually gives up on them and walks away saying, "Oh well, never mind. We'll find another one."

See what I mean? People can be irrational.
Such a thing never happens with the Frisbee. "We'll get that down if it takes all day!" She will say, "That cost £1.89!"

By Misty.
Published by WagaLot publishing.
Printed by the Woman ....at night....when she's tired, or it's raining.
Copyright: Misty 2009.

Messages In This Thread
A Constipated Jack Russell - by Tobi - 01-23-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: A Constipated Jack Russell - by Catherine - 01-23-2015, 03:39 PM
RE: A Constipated Jack Russell - by Tobi - 01-23-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: A Constipated Jack Russell - by Catherine - 01-24-2015, 04:45 AM
RE: A Constipated Jack Russell - by Tobi - 01-24-2015, 09:58 AM
RE: A Constipated Jack Russell - by Catherine - 01-24-2015, 03:18 PM
RE: A Constipated Jack Russell - by Tobi - 01-25-2015, 04:00 AM
RE: A Constipated Jack Russell - by Catherine - 01-25-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: A Constipated Jack Russell - by Tobi - 01-25-2015, 10:41 PM
RE: A Constipated Jack Russell - by Catherine - 01-26-2015, 02:07 PM