Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Darling Josette has gone to the astral
Our beloved Josette, who was born on our property and bottle fed by us, has moved on to the astral today. She passed all her days with us, and gave us so much love and joy. She will always have a special place in our hearts.

She had suffered from a giant wart above her eye, which became a terrible necrosis (gangrene). Despite all our efforts, the black necrosis persisted. In the end, we had no choice but to call the vet today, who helped her leave her physical body. He was very experienced and sympathetic. The whole thing was over in about ten to fifteen seconds. Our beautiful Josette just fell asleep and flopped down. There was not even a wriggle.

I had been agonising over when would be right time, but it seems that it was about right. I kept on putting off the day, when I saw her eating, but in the end she looked tired and weak, ate very little and looked at me as if to say, "I don't want to go, I've been happy here, but I don't feel well any more. I'm ready to leave"

The vet agreed that the time had indeed come, with the necrosis quite widespread. I am just so relieved that darling Josette passed so quickly and peacefully, thanks to his skill.

I will attach some photos and videos when I have more time and am more composed. The best is a video of Josette as a baby lamb, playing football with Tamara inside our house!

Sweetest, dearest Josette, we will miss you! But you have already told me that you are happy where you are now, so I can take it (just about....). Enjoy it where you are now, in a big field with lush grass, birds singing and warm sunshine.

(BTW: Josette knows that she doesn't need to eat the grass there. She always was so intelligent! Blessings to you, my lovely, lovely girl! I may cry a little for a while, but don't let it upset you. I know you're OK and we will always love each other).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sadly, I just checked and the original video of Josette as a lamb playing football has been overwritten. She did actually kick the tinkly ball several times! But all I can show is a later version, where she had already played that game and wanted to run after Tamara instead!

Here's another brief clip. For those who are wondering, Josette was inside the house because she had to be bottle fed (having been rejected by her mother), and also because the temperature outside that night was about minus 6 deg C!

So sorry to hear that, dear Peter....
Heart It is our deeds, the accumulated acts of goodness and kindness that define us and ultimately are the true measure of our worth. Service is the coin of the spirit.Heart

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
I am so sorry to hear about Josette. I know, it is the hardest thing we ever for our pets is letting them go when it is time. It is also the kindest. You gave Josette a full and beautiful life and when the time came you gave her a gentle passing.

The vets are wonderful aren't they. There is no fear and no pain, just a gentle falling asleep and letting go of this life. Now her spirit is free from the bonds of an ailing body. It can fly free while waiting for you to join her. I am sure we will have a great loving reunion some day. Love will want to be reunited with love.

I just had a feeling something was wrong and I was worried about you. My deepest sympathies. Tears wash away the pain of loss and make it possible to go on even if it is with a heavy heart. Know that I am thinking about you and wish that I could lift the burden of pain a little. [Image: smiley-hug005.gif]
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you!
Dear sweet little Josette...blessings to you. Journey on with peace and love, in those beautiful places in the next world.

Blessings to you Peter, and to Tamara. My heart goes out to both of you.
Thank you. Will write later when we are more composed.
You gave her the best of 'hospice care', watching her and looking after her carefully until she was ready to transition.
I always think those last days/weeks mean so much, and they certainly did to Misty. But I am also glad of the vet's help at the very end, to ease their burden when it becomes too much.

Josette will never forget her happiness in life, and love with you and your family.

Many blessings.
Well said Tobi.
The videos you have of Josette are a treasure. You can remember her as she was when she was a sweet little lamb. I am sure in your hearts she was always the little lamb and you were the mama "ewes" that she always followed.Heart

Peace to you both in your sorrow.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine