Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foie Gras supplier charged with cruelty
I thing anyone who produces Foie Gras is guilty of cruelty.
The whole idea of it is crazy.
It seems that film footage of what goes on was enough to bring charges against the supplier.

http://blog.peta.org.uk/2015/01/first-ti...l-cruelty/

Now if they will just make the leap in thinking. If one Foie Gras supplier is cruel and his place was industry standard, then they all are cruel and should be shut down.

Some forms of farming could be made more gentle, but this one cannot. It requires force feeding of ducks to make their livers so unhealthy. For some reason some people like to eat sick duck liver. How weird is that.
I must have been very tired when I posted this last night. The word duck came out as something on our censorship list. It is not even a word I would use so my finger slipped on the keys. I have corrected it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's good that this has happened. There is no foie gras producer who is not involved in serious animal cruelty. There is no 'non-cruel' way to produce foie gras. I think every single one should be charged with cruelty, and the whole business stopped. Let's hope this charge is the thin end of a wedge. And one day we will see this barbaric practice stopped.
I signed of course.
This is indeed good news. Many French people are opposed to foie gras and it is mostly the producers (they don't deserve the word "farmers") who are so protective of their livelihood. Much of the foie gras is exported to other countries, where the actual process is banned but the product is still popular in restaurants. Those countries could help in the fight against foie gras by banning its importation - but mostly all we get is excuses.

But cruelty is cruelty and this terrible practice must be stopped. The prosecution could well lead the way to foie gras becoming more and more unpopular, even if France and/or the EU drags its feet on legislation. I'm glad that it is being well publicised.
Once one producer is charged it really opens the door to exposing the whole industry as cruel.

You're right, there is no non cruel way to produce Foie Gras. It requires a sick duck to produce a sick liver. They only get that way through cruel force feeding.

If people stopped eating Foie Gras then restaurants would stop serving it. If we boycotted restaurants that have it on the menu it would help. When there is no demand for it they will stop producing it.

I think most people don't eat Foie Gras anyhow. Of those that do, most would stop if they really knew how it was made. There are just a few who don't care and will do what they want even at the price of great animal suffering. I doubt it is a healthy food so they will get what they deserve in the end.
Catherine

(01-30-2015, 04:52 PM)Catherine Wrote: There are just a few who don't care and will do what they want even at the price of great animal suffering. I doubt it is a healthy food so they will get what they deserve in the end.

That is so true Catherine. Although a lot of people aren't conscious of it, there is more than just protein, minerals, and vitamins in food. There is also energy and life force. And the lifelong sickness and pain the birds endure transfers that same energy into the food. So one is eating poison.
I think you are right. We are seeing increasing ill health in people who are eating food that is the product of factory farms. Cage eggs are not healthy for us. They are the product of an unhappy chicken.
Distressed animals release chemicals and animals that have been distressed all their lives must be toxic with stress chemicals. I can't even imagine what it does to someone to eat Foie Gras.

I wouldn't even guess at the effects of the energy and life force of a distressed animal.

I know if I work with a person who has a very disturbed life force/energy it depletes me and I have to recover from the experience. That is just from being in their presence.

What does eating the flesh of a disturbed creature do to us?
Catherine