Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Canadian Animal Rehab Services
I did not know that this organization exists. I think it is great. The owner of the company, Molly Barber, makes rehab equipment for any animal that needs help.

http://www.yorkregion.com/community-stor...ile-again/

It is all custom made equipment, but it would have to be. Animals come in such a variety of shapes and sizes.

I love the story of how she got started. Clearly she loved animals in the first place and wanted to help them. She just found a special way to do it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a great idea for a business! And what a wonderful idea to help disabled pets. Molly is doing well there, helping so many get mobile again.
What I like is that many wounded animals get a second chance at life, and people are bothering nowadays to attend to their needs (within reason of course) so they can get up and about again. Many of these animals are full of life and energy and just need a good inventor like Molly! (and others) who will custom-build them a wheelchair or other aid.
Not so very long ago they would have simply been put to sleep because some body part didn't work!
They used to give up on an animal if it lost one leg. Now paralyzed animals get a chance. Most of the animals she helps are healthy, but damaged. They deserve a chance. They are often young and in their prime. The various wheel chairs and artificial limbs give the animals mobility and a much fuller life that would have been possible.

Many of us do not like to give up on an injured animal. We feel that they deserve the best life possible. Jake Krinkle Snake wouldn't benefit from wheels, but Henry the paralyzed beardie might. Jake has managed to crawl on his own, slowly so he is fine. I am not sure about Henry yet. There is movement in one back leg so there is some improvement. I just don't know if he will ever control the leg.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine