Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Bosnian Dogs Fundraising 8 days to go!
Well....it's not happening. I got there, and was setting up, and waiting for my table to arrive.
The duty Manager of the store told me I need to go through a Charity Management Company, which the lady did not mention when I went to book my date back in November. And they can't allow collections without that.

I did tell the lady when I booked, that she could contact AWABosnia to verify that I am collecting for them. Of course I didn't know about that Management Company...

Never mind. It will happen -just not yet.
Oh, dear - a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. I'm sorry to read about this. But you will get your day, only a little bit later, it seems. If your collection is during warmer spring weather, you might get more money, too.
That is true.
I thought it was exceptionally trusting of them, and even remember asking if they needed any verification from anybody! But as nothing was forthcoming, it seemed I had the green light.

I do completely understand of course. 'No biggie'. LOL
This is just a delay. Now you know what to do and you already have all the work done. All you need is a date. I am sure they will respect you persistence and give you one soon. In the mean time you have what you need to set up anywhere else. Keep us posted.

Paperwork is enough to drive you crazy. I know things have to be done right, but it makes so much extra work for people.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well.....nothing has been simple. To cut a long story short I emailed the store's head office (as advised by my local store manager) -for information and contact address etc for the charity management company I am supposed to liaise with first.
This is the reply I received:

Thank you for your email.

Our prime focus of activity is to provide donations and sponsorship direct to charities and organisations working with children’s education and welfare, elderly people and people with disabilities.

Each of our Extra and Superstores hold a community donation budget to help local organisations with their fundraising events.

If you would like to be considered for a donation, please write to the Charity or Community Champion within your local store.

To find the address details of your local stores, please type in your postcode on our Store Locator website:.....(etc)

I must be getting stupid or old or just plain fed up with jargonese, because I can't really understand their answer to my extremely simple question.....

So it doesn't look as though the Bosnian Dogs Collection is ever going to happen.
But at least I did raise £37 from some people, which I gave to the cause.
Maybe they are not understanding what you said. You are not asking for a donation from them. You are asking to set up a fundraising table at the store just once.

If you can't sort that out, you still have the printed materials. Do you have any big pet stores in your area. Ask one of them if you can do a charity fundraiser for the Bosnian dogs. They might be more sympathetic.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine