Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaza Zoo
We did talk about this earlier when the conflict was happening. Keepers could not get to animals to care for them.

The results are as sad as you would expect.
You might want to skip seeing this, but it is a prime example of how war impacts those who are not part of it. Animals in war zones should be evacuated. Both sides should be forced to let this happen. It doesn't matter who is at fault or what they are fighting about. The results are cruel and tragic for the animals.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...-Gaza.html

Letting animals die because of a conflict should be considered a war crime by both sides of the conflict.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is tragic. It seems that when people start shooting at each other they care for little else. Yes the animals should have been evacuated. Poor Souls. I wish the ones who passed peace and love in the next world.
The United nations should intervene and demand that evacuations take place. Maybe one of the humane society groups will be able to intervene next time. There will always be a next time, sadly.

The animals were so dependent on the people. They must have wondered why food and water stopped coming.
Maybe it is too dangerous to have zoos in some places.
Catherine

There shouldn't be allowed to be a next time. It's absolutely deplorable. Whatever is still miraculously living should be taken elsewhere and that hell hole should be permanently shut down.
I agree wholeheartedly, platy. It is a very sad disgrace.
Quote:There shouldn't be allowed to be a next time. It's absolutely deplorable. Whatever is still miraculously living should be taken elsewhere and that hell hole should be permanently shut down.

By next time I meant war. There will always be conflicts between groups of people. Since Gaza is such a hot zone for conflict, vulnerable animals should be evacuated. The animals have no part in the conflict and should not be made to suffer because of it.

I just wish there was a world wide body able to enforce such an evacuation.
Catherine