Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Valentine's Day
Happy Valentine's Day.

I get to celebrate whether I want to or not. Many of my little creatures are turning romantic so I can't miss a day like this. I maintain that snakes are the true romantics of the animal kingdom. They are very sweet with each other.

This used to be a special day for the dwarf hamsters I bred. They would hibernate in the cold weather, but would wake up long enough to conceive spring babies around Valentine's day. The hamsters always bought me flowers(okay they insisted I take some of their money and buy flowers for us all). It was an old tradition and I miss it. The snakes have shown no interest in flowers.

The guinea pigs would eat the flowers.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes a very happy Valentine's Day to you and to all!
Such sweeties -those hamsters! Dogs would insist you bought dog food!

I think squirrels were celebrating Valentine's Day in my loft....just above my bed....all night long. It might have been fun for them, but was no fun for me. At one point (probably after their nuptials) they decided to play a game of skittles at 5am....then a game of hide and seek (which spread out over the whole house it seemed...) I am hoping they will go on honeymoon now -for a very long time!
If only squirrels would go south for the winter.Smiley4
They can really drive you crazy. I hope they let you sleep tonight.

It is dead winter here, the coldest night of the year, -23C with a wind chill colder than -30. Not a squirrel is stirring. There are no birds flying. My doves however are grooming each other and looking very much a couple. Heart

Flowers would have been sweet, but they would have frozen on the way home anyhow.
Catherine

I hope you are warm and cozy in your house Catherine. It is nothing like that here. Damp and chilly, is all. The animals all get in and sleep when it is bitter cold. Even the little cat I look after, hardly left her bed today (except for her food!) But she has some sense, as it wasn't much fun outside.
One day the Spring will come.....
We are all having a bad winter. Cats are smart, they know when to stay in bed. I am glad Sally cat is looking after herself.

I am warm when I am inside. All my little friends are warm and cozy.
I had enough sense to buy some warmer winter boots. This time of the year they are all on sale for half the price. I was cold walking home on Saturday, but my feet were warm.Smiley4

I go out with six layers of clothes on and two layers of scarves. I look like a fat sleeping bag with feet. If I fell I would probably bounce like a beach ball.Smiley4
Catherine