Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vandalism is for the birds
Actually it is Blue Jays that are the culprits.
The town has had its signs vandalized for the last ten years. Finally they caught a Blue Jay doing the damage.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/10-year-mys...-1.2242945

When you think of the numbers of signs and the numbers of years, when did the Blue Jays ever find time to eat.Smiley4
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

How strange! I wonder why the Jays attack these signs? It's obviously not the colour, as various colours were experimented with, according to the video, and the Jays attacked them too.
It is only the Blue Jays in the one town. Other towns have not had the same problem. It is just these Blue Jays and they are really persistent.

It must have been a real surprize when they finally caught them on a video and could see who was wrecking the signs. I wonder why they do it?
Catherine

I don't know. They must have a reason. It might be just something interesting to do as a pastime....a bit like picking the labels off things, or whittling on a stick....or maybe the signs are regarded as 'intruding elements' on their territory?
Jays have a pretty high intelligence level. It's curious.
Maybe these are juvenile delinquent Blue Jays and this is some kind of flock initiation thing.Smiley4
Catherine