Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogs who don't want to bath!
I think the dog wash is a new idea. They moved the store to a bigger location and put the dog wash in the new place. I hope it catches on. I am sure the dogs would prefer it to a scary bathtub.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I think that's right -they don't like being forced into a confined space like a bathtub, filled with water. That must be a basic instinct -plus they are being held still, or held down.

I think a 'wet room' would be a great idea. Some people have wet rooms instead of bathrooms. I never knew quite what I thought about that, and whether I'd like it or not, but it might be a better idea for bathing dogs. They could even play while they were being showered? And shake as much as they liked. The only downside would be the gobs of dog hair clogging up the wet room drain! LOL
They probably have special plumbing at the dog wash, the kind that can handle tons of dog hair.

An enclosed bathroom and a tub of water must be frightening for a dog. We always bathed our cats in the kitchen sink and they were pretty good about it.

I use my nice big laundry room sink for the guinea pigs. It is plastic and they can stand comfortably in it. I pour water over them, gently so the bath experience is not so bad.

Some of those dogs were not happy about a bath and I hate to see an animal that upset.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine