Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results from the greyhound expose
There is no doubt that the video about the greyhound racing industry and its live baiting practices has had impact.

http://www.animalsaustralia.org/features...tcomes.php

There is still much work to be done, but the results so far are very satisfying. Some pretty big names in the greyhound industry are now banned from even owning greyhounds. Hopefully the animal cruelty charges will stick and there will be more consequences.

I would like to see jail time for some people. I would love to see them forced to explain to the other prisoners what they did. They would not be too popular.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I remember the original video. I'm glad that action has been taken against the perpetrators of this horrible live baiting.

I also hope that more greyhounds will be adopted after their racing lives are over, rather than being killed. Greyhound adoption is more common in the UK, it seems.
I am glad to see that public opinion and animal cruelty laws appear to be having some effect.
The effect or the original the video has been powerful. The public reacted so strongly that the sponsors pulled out. Public feeling was so intense that they had to react and ban trainers and charge them. When something becomes that public, it can't be covered up.
The whole greyhound industry will have to reform. If it doesn't it will end up closing down.

The greyhounds themselves can hope for a brighter future. They can be adopted into loving homes and have happy fulfilling lives.

Hopefully this means the end of live baiting. It won't bring back the mother possum and her baby or lessen the horror that she went through, but her death will have impact on the lives of those that were cruel to her. I hope they are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. I hope their lives are ruined as much as hers was, but then I watched the whole video.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine