Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stray dog leads rescuers to mom and puppies
This is a remarkable story of a stray dog who led two animal rescuers to another stray dog and her 10 puppies. He saved her and the puppies because she was worn out and unable to provide for them.

http://www.news4sanantonio.com/news/feat...3887.shtml

They are calling him Hero. I hope after all this, Hero finds a good forever home. I am sure the puppies will find homes and hopefully their mom too. They are cute puppies. Hero is pretty cute himself too.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a wonderful dog! An amazing story. I wonder if he is the father of these pups? I'm so glad they were rescued. It must have been very cold down there in that burnt out tree by the water.
I was thinking he was the father of the puppies. He must have been protecting the mom and trying to help her survive. When nursing the puppies was too much for her, he got help for them all.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the two dogs could be adopted together. They clearly have a bond and I don't like to see friends separated.Heart
Catherine

I've read the same story on ktla.. For weeks the dog, now called "Hero," had been eluding rescuers who were trying to help abandoned animals in the park.
It is funny how he was unwilling to be rescued for his own sake, but he was willing to be rescued to help the mom and puppies.
Catherine