Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guardian of the Fukishima animals
You might remember the man who went back to the Fukishima area to look after his own animals. He is still there and now he is caring for all the animals. He is remarkable. He has no fear of the radiation and he knows it could harm him. He feels that caring for the animals is more important.

http://www.boredpanda.com/fukushima-radi...matsumura/

It is amazing that life has continued to thrive. Perhaps this will become another area like Chernobyl where nature triumphs.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, I remember reading about this man. He is amazing - and so very brave and caring. Blessings to him!
I definitely remember Mr Matsumura. Bless him for his help and his love. What a great man. The animals all look so well too. And he looks genuinely happy.
There's some confusion on the 'comments' about how exactly one sends donations to assist him. There is a website but this guy could do with an easy fundraising link....
I wonder if he is online inside the 'zone'?
I find it inspiring that he is still on duty caring for the animals after all this time. They all seem to be thriving.

It would be good to help him financially. I will look and see if I can find another link.
Catherine

There is more info. here, on a blog by Nancy Caron (fundraiser/co-ordinator for Naoto Matsimura and the non-profit organisation he has founded.)

http://naotomatsumura.weebly.com/

The posts are dated 2012 though, but it gives more information about his work with the animals.
The article I posted is current so he is still there. Now we just have to look for a current link for fundraising.

He has been there four years and he seems to be in good health. I am sure there could be long term consequences, but neither he nor the animals seem to worry about it. The kittens pictured must have been born well after the "event" and they look normal. It is like a giant science experiment and no one knows how things will turn out. At least for now the animals are being cared for.
Catherine