Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starving sea lion pups
It would just take love and respect, and consideration from others.
And while none of us wants to see anyone go out of business, our only option is to reduce consumer demand. It's only rising consumer demand which has led to the fishing methods being so brutal.
Oh for the old days -I suppose....when harvesting many foodstuffs was a slower procedure....when people were happy with simple meals...when there weren't so many people...etc
I know my feelings would be considered simplistic. But when I was a little girl, wartime rationing had only just ended. Mothers made excellent meals out of simpler ingredients, and some dinners were just as quickly prepared and cooked as today! Not much was wasted, if anything at all. No-one could afford to waste anything. But no-one expected exotic food every day of the week. Fresh fish was once a week. Most of the week there would be seasoned cheese made from sour milk, the remains of Sunday's roast, or broth made with the bones. (Yes I know...not very vegan. But we weren't then.) Things we ate then, and thrived on, people would turn their noses up at now.

(I am guilty!....I just found three yellowing cabbage leaves at the back of my fridge about 5 minutes ago! lol But in a way even they won't be wasted but put in a compost heap. Worms and insects will live on them, and wild birds will find forage there.)

Messages In This Thread
Starving sea lion pups - by Catherine - 03-24-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: Starving sea lion pups - by Tobi - 03-26-2015, 08:36 AM
RE: Starving sea lion pups - by Catherine - 03-26-2015, 01:56 PM
RE: Starving sea lion pups - by Tobi - 03-27-2015, 03:02 AM
RE: Starving sea lion pups - by Catherine - 03-27-2015, 11:48 AM