Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fake Service Dogs
Ideally dogs should be welcome everywhere. At very least there should be places where dogs are welcome. Those of us who like animals could choose those places. (Toronto has stores that welcome dogs and shopping in one is a friendly experience)

When the first service dogs were trained and started going out with their people, dogs were not welcome. They had to fight for their rights one step at a time. Those rights are not that secure. Every time someone uses a fake service dog vest and their dog acts up, they put at risk the rights of all legitimate service dogs. I sympathize that they want their dogs with them. (we all know that my favourite pet is never going to be welcome anywhere, except at the reptile centre)
It is selfish to put at risk the rights of service dogs because those dogs serve as eyes and ears and their people will be helpless without them.

Having ID may be the only solution, although I am sure fake service dog ID will soon become available.

Misty of course would have behaved admirably and would have helped to make other dogs welcome. It is tempting to want our pets with us. I always wanted to take Jonathan the Bearded dragon to the movies with me. She would have loved it and she could have stayed under my jacket. Instead I got a computer so I could watch movies at home with her.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Fake Service Dogs - by Catherine - 03-25-2015, 12:40 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by LPC - 03-25-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Tobi - 03-25-2015, 09:43 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Catherine - 03-26-2015, 01:40 PM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Tobi - 03-27-2015, 03:28 AM
RE: Fake Service Dogs - by Catherine - 03-27-2015, 12:18 PM