Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Muzzle Rescue
It's hard to make me cry. Except when it come to a dog being hurt or killed. This story however had me tearing up at the end.

http://share23.goingviralposts.biz/this-...years-wow/

What this couple started and what Thayne Hamilton continues to do, by helping dogs that others wouldn't give the time of day, is exactly why I'm becoming a dog trainer. I want to have a rescue and training facility to help "hopeless" cases. I can't help every dog but the dogs I do help will be proof that it's possible to help any dog.
This is an amazing and wonderful story. Bittersweet because of Christine's illness and passing. But so very very moving. Thank you for sharing this Libby. It does bring tears to your eyes, for sure.

I know that Thane is scared...of what might happen in the future. I hope and pray he will find a successor he can trust.

Those dogs are so beautiful. That poor girl who was chained for 14 years....
Bless Thane and Christine!
Smiley19
What a beautiful story. I feel good just knowing he is out there. Who would have thought to put a dog in a wheelbarrow to transport it since it can't walk.Heart

If more people had his heart the world would be a better place. I hope the publicity will allow him to build some security for the dogs. It is so sad that Christine had to leave them, but she has joined the dogs that have passed on. I love the fact that he actually built a rainbow bridge.

You are right Libby, no dog is beyond hope. I am sure you will save a great many dogs. None of us can save them all, but if we each save what we can it is enough. I know you will never turn away a dog as hopeless. People like Thane and Christine have proven over and over again that every dog deserves a chance at some happy days before they die. It is just too sad to think of a dog never having any happy times before it is killed.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is amazing. It makes me feel good when I hear about these stories. I'd hate to see what happens if something were to happen to him. Hopefully with all the help and publicity they can help him set everything up.
I think he is going to get help. If the rescue can become a charity and something be set up to take in funds and the land become property of the charity, they could have some stability. It could become a permanent rescue facility. Then it wouldn't be totally dependent on Thane's health and income. Anything like this reaches a point where it must change a little to survive permanently. He could get people working with him so he can do more.

I really hope it all works out. What he is doing is bigger than the few dogs he has with him at any given time. There are so many seemingly hopeless dogs that need him. I hope he inspires other shelters to reconsider what they mean by hopeless.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you for starting this thread, Libby. A wonderful and inspiring story. Christine worked hard for the dogs whilst she was on earth, and no doubt is continuing to help them on the other side. Thane is still hard at work with his rescue - and many blessings to him for all the wonderful things he has done to help those poor dogs.