Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Earth Hour..March 28, 2015, 8:30pm-9:30pm
Maybe those high-rise buildings should just have the top floor lit up, and essential power on for other things which have to be kept running, such as security, refrigeration etc. And aircraft warning lights on top of the building. It would be good to keep the top floor lit up, for aircraft, in case there is a fog. But keeping the whole building lit is extremely wasteful.

I never had central heating, mainly because of the cost of installation and running (the cottage I live in never had it.) Misty and I kept warm with circulation during the day and were pretty hardy anyway -spent almost every minute of the day outside. She wore a dog coat until she had warmed up by walking. But if we had to come in (raining or something) I'd splurge, and put on a little electric heater for her while she was resting.
At night we got the log fire going, put a draught excluder under the door, and were toasty warm! Then we raced upstairs quickly to get under a double duvet and blanket!
I only got the stove put in the other room basically for her! I was thinking that as she grew older, she wouldn't want to be exercising most of the day. I didn't even think about me! I am used to it being 'brisk'. But that multi-fuel stove more or less takes the chill off the whole house now.
It's obviously putting out a little air-pollution into the atmosphere...but that can't be helped. We have to live somehow.

Mind you -it always takes me ages to get dressed and undressed in winter! So many layers! LOL

Messages In This Thread
RE: Earth Hour..March 28, 2015, 8:30pm-9:30pm - by Tobi - 03-29-2015, 09:45 PM