Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maple Lodge Farms-cruelty to chickens again
Maple Lodge Farms has been charged and fined for cruelty to chickens before. It seems the big fines they paid had no effect.
Mercy For Animals has gotten a camera inside the slaughterhouse.
What you see is not a pretty sight.

http://www.maplelodgeharms.ca/

No animal should ever endure what we see in that video. There is such a callous disregard for the chickens. The workers know they cause pain and distress, but they don't care. Clearly the management doesn't care.

I hope the petition gets enough signatures to make someone notice. This must be stopped.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's good that this video is online to show everyone what Maple Lodge is capable of, and obviously sees as regular practice.

But this video was too horrendous for me to be able to watch. I did sign the petition.

It seems there are animal holocausts going on every day....going on despite previous convictions. What WILL it take to stop the horrific treatment of many creatures worldwide?
I managed to watch about half, and it was too horrendous for me to watch any longer. If hell were to exist, this must be it - a hell created by callous humans. The manager in the video even had a smirk on his face.

To be honest, I don't see a lot of point in sending a petition to the company. They have been prosecuted and fined once already - and took no notice. Pushing for tighter legislation and independent welfare inspections seems the only way.
I am glad you didn't watch it all. It was bad.

You are right that Maple Lodge has done this before. They don't want to change.
We need the laws to change and we need the consumer to change.
If we don't buy their products then Maple Lodge will have to do something different.

The shocking videos are hard to watch and I can't imagine what it is like to be the one who films them. However they have the power to shock people out of their complacency about the food industry.
First, it is not an industry, it is live animals! We need to start seeing that what we eat was once alive and that it suffered terribly. The government will be slow to react, but people can boycott Maple Lodge Farms right away.

The images of frozen birds might be enough to bring about a review of our transportation methods. You can't transport anything in an open truck in a Canadian winter. My vegetables get transported better. Frozen vegetables don't sell. We don't get to see the frozen chickens so we do not know they exist. Now we know.

The video made it into a major news show last sat. W5 reaches a lot of people.
http://www.ctvnews.ca/w5/hidden-camera-i...-1.2299278
I don't know if I can find the actual broadcast and post it, but Canadians saw it and can get it from the CTV site. We are the ones who need to do the boycotting so we are the ones who need to see it.
I might have actually posted it.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine