Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Watch the Easter treats around your pets
As with any human holiday there are many treats, especially chocolate. Remember to protect your dog from chocolate bunnies and eggs. Even a small amount of chocolate is toxic to dogs.
Also many of our favourite plants are toxic to cats.

http://www.insidehalton.com/opinion-stor...mily-pets/

Better to be safe than sorry. Keep dangerous food well away from pets and make sure you know where to find a vet in a hurry, just in case.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thanks for posting these reminders Catherine.

There are still some people who don't realise how toxic choclate is for dogs -that includes anything made with chocolate, like cake.

Misty once snaffled a little dish-full of milk chocolate buttons when I took her to my mother's house. (My mother had put them on the coffee table for people to help themselves. Well Misty helped herself! And wolfed the whole lot! (I was accused of course! LOL!)

Long story short she was very ill the next morning with vomiting and diarrhea. I took her straight to the vet. He told me to fast her 24 hours with just water. It worked and she was fine in the end. But chocolate can have some very dangerous side effects and can involve the kidneys.

Dogs won't wait to be asked. Anthing yummy left lying around at dog-surfing level will be snaffled! Smiley4

By the way ---HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!bouquet
Dogs are people too and Misty was just helping herself like anyone else would do. Good thing the chocolate was small and Misty was bigger.

So many things are toxic. I hope everyone has a happy healthy holiday weekend.

Happy Easter to you. I might have a new dove cage if we can find a time for my friend to deliver it. It is her old cage.
Catherine

Oh I had forgotten about your dove Catherine! I hope she is well. Maybe she'll like her old cage because it will have familiar memories. Is it bigger too?
The dove is now actually two doves. I have a mate for her. So they are Virgil and Dora and they are bonding very nicely.
The cage I had was barely enough space and it is not an actual bird cage.

The new cage is here and it is 4 times as large. They like it! I will get pictures and do a proper post. I kept them in the temporary cage until I could get something much better. It is perfect for them and it has its own stand. That puts them at a nice height.. I have them next to the Bearded dragon so they get good light from his lights and they don't feel threatened by the beardie.
Catherine