Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guinea pigs stolen
The owner of the guinea pigs must be devastated. He had six of his best show guinea pigs stolen. The thief only took the best show piggies so it must be someone who knows their guinea pigs. Being guinea pigs, even the show piggies are still beloved pets.
I can't believe someone would be so cruel as to take someone's pets like that.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pri...op-5473774

I hope they find them. The real fear is that they have been killed. It would be unbearable to never know. I really feel for the guy. I can't imagine coming home and finding a pet stolen.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

People will steal just about anything. How sad.
When we lived in town, and the not-so-great part of town at that, people would steal anything that wasn't nailed down. Right down to the ashtray in our car....if it had cigarette butts in it.
Agreed, I hope they find the culprit[s]!!!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Quote:When we lived in town, and the not-so-great part of town at that, people would steal anything that wasn't nailed down. Right down to the ashtray in our car....if it had cigarette butts in it.

I don't know if that is sad or pathetic. You are right, people will steal anything.

This case is suspicious however. Only certain guinea pigs were taken. It is horrible to think that another guinea pig owner took them. Worse, he may never find out what happened to them.
Catherine

The one scariest thing that can happen when you love animals is that they are stolen. When they are stolen, there's no closure and the imagination runs wild.

My guess is someone wants to make money from this one way or another, and they may sell them as breeding animals. They do seem to know their Guinea Pigs! But the awful thing is if they are aware of their potential, and also knew exactly where they were, to steal, then they may well be in the same social circle as the person from whom they were stolen.

It really is a kind of torture to take someone's animal. Many people find the death of an animal much easier to take than when they just go missing. Because anything could have happened to them.

Greed may have inspired this crime. But even if they don't want to return them, the kindest thing this person could do is at least let the owner know that they are safe, anonymously.
You are right, it is so cruel to the owner. Unless he finds out what happened to them he will not feel peace. There will always be that painful empty spot, that area of fear and doubt. I would hope that the thief had a reason for taking them and plans to treat then well. But you would never be sure.

Death is easier to deal with. At least you know the truth and it can't get any worse.
It has to be someone who knows the owner. They knew what to take. What a horrible betrayal. I can't imagine what kind of person would do this.
Catherine