Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Canadian Seal Hunt
Quote: You are right Catherine. What does it say about us as a species that we will only care when monetary profits are affected? In that respect, humans can be worse than any terrifying sci-fi "alien" concept!

Thank goodness that some of us are definitely NOT the same species as those who are like this.

When I am at the zoo, standing in front of the gorillas, I am embarrassed by the way the humans are acting. I hope the Gorillas do not think I am the same species as the people who are behaving badly.

It is the same for the seal hunt. I am Canadian, proudly Canadian, but I am not like those people.

Maybe we create scary aliens for movies because we can't conceive of a kinder gentler creature. We create aliens like ourselves.

However some of us are choosing to be different. When there are enough of us, the world will be a kinder place. In the mean time we have to hit them where it hurts. Don't buy the products and don't shop in the stores that do. Good for the European Union that it has banned seal skins. It has had a tremendous impact on the hunt. People who are not sure about the hunt at least trust the European response.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine