Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vegetarians banned in French schools
I admit I had to look up cassoulet. It is along the lines of the baked beans(white navy beans) or the chillie(red kidney beans) that we make here. Both dishes are made with or without meat. If there is no meat, then a slice or two of brown bread balances the protein and gives complete nutrition.

I can appreciate that they want to have nutritional standards. However it is now understood that heavy meat consumption is not good for us. There should always be a choice of meals offered unless the school is very small. They are not taking into account that there are people with allergies. Certainly increasing numbers of people can't eat dairy products.

Is the purpose of this to increase meat consumption? I can't see that they are responding negatively to the 2% who are vegetarian. The number of vegans must be very small.
I would think a school lunch with healthy vegetable and fruit choices would be better.

LPC you would love to eat out in Toronto. There are vegetarian and vegan restaurants. Many regular restaurants have vegan choices. The bakeries offer vegan breads and cakes and treats. Many pizza places have vegan pizza options(the topping and the crust are vegan).
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
Vegetarians banned in French schools - by Tobi - 04-22-2015, 06:39 AM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by LPC - 04-22-2015, 07:50 AM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by LPC - 04-22-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by Catherine - 04-22-2015, 02:07 PM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by LPC - 04-23-2015, 05:10 AM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by LPC - 04-23-2015, 05:57 PM
RE: Vegetarians banned in French schools - by LPC - 04-24-2015, 07:38 PM