Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simon Cowell hypnotised by dog! LOL
Simon Cowell, judge of "Britain's Got Talent" was hypnotised by a dog!
He said the dog was no good as a hypnotist because 'nothing was happening'....all the dog did was stare at him with its tongue hanging out....a short time later Simon fell asleep and could do nothing to stop himself!
http://www.talktalk.co.uk/news/showbiz/a...pt/167202/

Absolutely hilarious! 79Smiley32
This is kind of funny and strange. I have never heard of a dog hypnotist. Did the dog really hypnotize him? Now we will always wonder. It is a cute dog so it could certainly hold Simon's attention with no trouble.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

As a recently qualified hypnotist (which skill I use only to help people who ask, not for money), this is a fascinating article. But I couldn't watch the programme, as people outside the UK are not allowed to watch BBC Player. Did you see the programme, Tobi?
No I didn't watch it because I don't have a television any more.
But I am thinking I might find it on YouTube....

This was funny! But seriously I feel animals have a calming influence on us and could easily put us into an Alpha-brainwave trance.

Then they would just plant suggestions about excellent food treats.
All I could find was this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/art...ncess.html There is a video of the dog allegedly hypnotising members of the audience to music.

It is clearly fake, but I suppose it should be taken in a humorous spirit.
(04-28-2015, 03:13 AM)Tobi Wrote: Then they would just plant suggestions about excellent food treats.
Rotating LOL
Yes the video was fake and not really very funny.
But the idea made me laugh when I read about it last night.
I think the imagination makes things more funny.

I think I was hypnotised by a cat the other day....I was just sitting next to her and stroking her and started to drift away into another world!
Or maybe I was just tired! LOL
Quote:This was funny! But seriously I feel animals have a calming influence on us and could easily put us into an Alpha-brainwave trance.

Then they would just plant suggestions about excellent food treats.

I wonder if there is any evidence of guinea pigs hypnotizing people? Mine might have done it. I not only buy veggies and fruits I don't like, I buy them veggies and fruits I am allergic to. I have this urge to buy strawberries and it sure doesn't come from my wants and needs.Smiley4

LPC, interesting that you are a hypnotist. I worked with someone years ago to get rid of a phobia. It really worked for that issue, but I think it gave me the tools to not fear things that don't need to be feared. I am cautious of things that are dangerous, but I do not fear things for no reason.
What sorts of things are you doing for people.
Catherine

At the moment - not a lot! I have had a friend come to me for help with poor memory (specifically names and details of people he meets- not general memory, which is OK). My older son and his wife are coming over soon for a few days, so maybe I can practice on them (if they need and want it). Hypnotism is like most skills - it needs to be practised regularly. As for phobias, yes, that is one area where hypnotism (or neuro-linguistic programming in light trance) can really help. Many people say, "I can't be hypnotised"; but often they do not really understand that a trance does not mean falling asleep. It is even possible to hypnotise people without their knowing it, but I don't engage in that.
I think there are many common problems people have that hypnosis could help. Many people are perfectly capable, but suffer from a lack of self confidence. I am sure suggestions could make major changes to their lives. They may not listen to their friends and family, but may be more inclined to listen to 'themselves' if helped by a practitioner.
I found it was easy to be hypnotized. I trusted the guy. I know that it can work as a therapy. We did more than just the spider phobia. I had a number of sessions where we dealt with fears and anxiety. It is just the Spider phobia was quite specific and I wanted to be free of it. (There was an embarrassing incident in a pet store) The other stuff worked too, but the phobia was the most "dramatic" result.

If you will remember correctly, I have a tarantula called Oscar.

I think most people can be hypnotized. I think the therapy can work for them. They just refuse to think change for the better is possible. Even if there is change for the better, they refuse to believe it.
It is like a person who takes medication and says this cannot work. Usually it doesn't.

Years ago I had a late night dental emergency. I was on the phone with the dentist and needed some way to deal with the pain. He talked me through finding the acupuncture point for the face and instructed me about putting ice on it. (not ice on the face where it hurt, but a spot on the hand) After four minutes with the ice on the hand, my face went numb and I was pain free. If you have ever had an abscessed tooth you can imagine the relief. I have told other people about this and it has never worked for them. Of course it took four minutes and most people won't do something that long. The dentist did tell me to set a timer and do it for 8 minutes.

LPC, I hope you can find people who will accept your help. It could make such a difference to them.
Catherine