Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Alabama Rot" killing dogs all over UK
I think the department for the environment ought to check out fish and amphibians in every county of the UK, to see if there is any evidence of skin lesions on them. Fishermen could also report any signs that they see. There should be a study.

If Ms. Macdonald is right, then there is also a threat to humans, via the bacteria itself, (not via their dogs) -which could lead to necrotising fasciitis.

I think this disease ought to be taken very seriously.

I'm glad to have been of some help maybe, for your son and his dogs, LPC.

The problem is -while we wait for 'scientific evidence'...dog walkers have no idea which are safe and which are dangerous areas, and have no advice about it.

Science, being what it is, would need all sorts of experiments (plus funding!) in order to come up with an answer and a solution. And knowing the way things go, that could take two or three years! Even if the answer was already discovered! But at least, thanks to the internet, findings would hopefully be reported to the general public who can then make up their own minds.

I'd like to bet this disease originates from some environmental toxin, or possibly stock management.....

All cases are to be referred to Anderson Moores veterinary services.

Messages In This Thread
"Alabama Rot" killing dogs all over UK - by Tobi - 05-08-2015, 07:26 AM
RE: "Alabama Rot" killing dogs all over UK - by Tobi - 05-09-2015, 03:36 AM