Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kijiji to sell animals in spite of petitions
There have been petitions and campaigns to get Kijiji to stop selling animals. They know many people want them to stop posting animal ads and they know the problems of animals sold on their site. They don't want to change.

http://www.flamboroughreview.com/news-st...criticism/

This gives puppy mills and unethical breeders a place to make money from their animals. I had hoped Kijiji would have responded to a legitimate concern. I understand that other sites like Craigslist no longer post ads from animal breeders.
Perhaps it is time to boycott Kijiji. Only use sites that show ethical behavior towards animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The only way to get Kijiji to change its policy is to hit its income - persuade advertisers to drop sponsorship and advertising, boycott using the website, etc.

From the article: "Kijiji Canada spokesperson Shawn McIntyre said unscrupulous breeders would simply find a new home for their ads". If every company used that lame excuse, then nothing would ever get done. if all of them took a principled stand, then Kijiji would back down. "The purse is mightier than the sword", as the saying (nearly) goes.....

I just remembered: Nicolino Camardi, the young man who taped animals' mouths so that they died, got his pets on Kijiji. See https://www.facebook.com/AnimalAdvocates...6013364023
Okay! Now it's time for everyone who cares about animals, or cares about crime and animal cruelty, to drop Kijiji. The organisers of that site will find out that they ignore the viewpoint of the general public at their cost.

So please -I personally don't use Kijiji, but I implore anyone who does to boycott them. There are other venues for buying and selling.
I don't use Kijiji either, but I hope that posting it and talking about it will get people's attention.

I remember that Nicolino Camardi got his animals from Kijiji. I wonder how many other abusers use Kijiji as a source. It gives the abuser anonymity. It allows puppy mills and unscrupulous breeders a way to make money as well.

We need to reject any site that does not act to protect animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine