Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Angry dog changes when reunited!
Watch this angry aggressive dog Roxy change when she is reunited with her caretaker.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOllHvgL1ME

She stayed at Villalobos rescue centre for a year and a half. Nobody could do anything to really help her with her issues. She refused to relate to anyone. Then by chance her former caretaker watched the episode of "Pitbulls and Parolees" which starred Roxy...

A good example of how dogs grieve sometimes, and how they never forget.
That was a beautiful reunion. All her fear and anger were because she was desperate to go home.
It does make you wonder about other animals that act like that. Maybe they are suffering grief and depression.

I had forgotten about Pit Bulls and parolees. Of course I had to watch a whole bunch of episodes. You can never watch just one.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes that was a moving comment at the end of the video; about how many dogs in shelters may be like that, and deemed 'unadoptable' because of their aggression issues etc....when they might be grieving or depressed.

People who dump dogs -even when they leave them tied up outside rescues -don't stop to think about how that dog is going to feel. It is possible for a dog to grieve for the rest of its life. Their bonds with their loved ones don't come to an end. It seems that for some humans, love does come to an end...

Yes I really like "pitbulls and parolees". The work they do is relentless. To some extent it has changed my mind about pitbulls. I didn't know much about them before, and I found the programme educational too. I can never watch just one episode either!
I always find that after each episode I want to watch just one more and then just one more.....

They do great things at that rescue. Hopefully it will help change people's opinions. Pitbulls have been given a lot of bad publicity. They are even banned in Ontario. Having one person put so much into saving Pitbulls and posting videos that show how sweet they are has got to have a positive effect.

She is right when she talks about dogs grieving. We underestimate how much they must feel depressed and abandoned when they end up in a shelter. They know it is a shelter and not a home. The poor creatures must be terrified because they have no idea what is going to happen to them. Some dogs look totally lost. They look in their eyes is bleak and empty.
I am just glad that in this one case there was a happy ending.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine