Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twitter helps dog lost in transit.
I usually find twitter annoying, but I have to admit it sometimes does the job. People flying back to Canada from Cuba, where they have been living, brought their dog with them. The trouble is, he didn't get off the plane in Montreal.
It took a lot of tracking through twitter to find out that the dog was not removed from the plane and flew back to Cuba.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...d=n&at=dt0

I think I would be scared to fly with a pet. Too much can go wrong these days. They are so fortunate that the dog was found and returned to them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The trouble is, dogs and other animals are treated as "cargo", not passengers! That is the same as a missing piece of luggage. Enough said.

But I'm delighted that the dog was found and is back with his caretakers.
Poor dog! I can imagine how awful he must have felt -in transit in cargo for so long. That is quite high-stress for a dog. We need 'animal friendly' flights where the dog or cat can sit next to you on the plane! (Yes I know it could get hectic, and there might have to be muzzles involved, and a few poop-scoopers! LOL...but goodness me! We can get to Mars but can't organise that yet!? There could be specially arranged flights where animals are welcome.)

I am very glad there was a happy ending to this story.

After a long time where I was sceptical of Twitter, I have found Twitter to be extremely useful whenever my internet server does the dirty on me. They HATE my telling the world how bad they are. Things usually go back to normal magically a little while after a "Tweet".....
Twitter does have its uses. It gets results because it spreads messages so far so fast. Your service provider would not like that kind of publicity. Public opinion is a powerful tool.

You are right about the pets as luggage problem. I still have a suitcase out there from a trip in 1987. Half a set of bird books was in the missing suitcase. I wonder what happened to it?

They give pets the same consideration don't they. The poor dog even when it was found was still not given good care. All he got was water. He stayed cooped up in a crate all that time.
Catherine

Twitter can be really helpful for lost/stolen dogs. I often follow the "DogLost UK" tweets, and re-tweet them. But of course it doesn't help if you have 'followers' who live in the wrong country. But I noticed news gets out very fast on Twitter, and many dogs have been re-united.
I think Twitter is turning out to be a great tool when you need the word to get out fast.

DogLost UK sounds like a good idea. I am sure many dogs get reunited with family because of it.
Micro Chipping is very effective too. Of course micro chipped cats often return home years later from a thousand miles away.
Catherine

Twitter can be a room for lost and found section.
Yes Leonil, it is used as a good connection for lost and found pets. I often go in there just to re-tweet other posts about lost/found dogs.
I think Twitter has proved its usefulness many times over.
Catherine