Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets and kids
These videos are funny and yet they are not. Some of the pet/child interactions were a bit disturbing. What do you think.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/06/17/...96888.html

The fourth video has a kid and a duck and that sweet. They have a wonderful bond.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I'm afraid there must be something wrong with me. These sorts of video make some people howl with laughter. I don't find it funny at all. My mother used to have her English TV on at times when there was some programme on showing so-called "funny clips" about people falling over, getting hit by something, etc. and even with no animals involved I didn't find that funny, either. I don't want to see anyone hurt or have an accident, even if a slight one. It is not amusing. For me, it is distasteful for such clips to be regarded as entertainment. But that is just my personal view and if others find it amusing, well that is their choice. Each to his/her own....
So I am not the only one who found the video troubling. I had expected some funny encounters between pets and kids. People were letting their children get seriously hurt or at least scared by the animals. The goat butting the child looked serious to me. A big goat is a strong animal.

I don't like those kind of shows either. It is not funny when people get hurt. I wouldn't want to fall so why would I want to watch someone else fall. Why would I find it funny when I wouldn't find it funny if it happened to me.
It is a strange kind of entertainment.
Catherine

I know exactly which shows you mean LPC! They used to come on TV usually on Saturday night. Other people I knew enjoyed watching them and used to laugh. There was only about 5% of it I found funny. The rest of the time I was wincing, to watch people crash into things, fall headlong off skateboards, flip over walls, crash their bikes. I didn't think it was very funny.

Two incidents in the video I did laugh at were the dogs trying to get kids out of their beds! LOL (Similar to the "dogs trying to get cats out of their beds" video.)
Quote:Two incidents in the video I did laugh at were the dogs trying to get kids out of their beds! LOL (Similar to the "dogs trying to get cats out of their beds" video.)

That was the funny part. The rest made me cringe. I was afraid someone was hurt.

I know the type of show you mean. We have the same stuff here and it is just as bad. Why do people think it is funny to watch someone get hurt.
Catherine