Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dora Dove laid an egg
I reckon they waited until you went to work so they could have a bit of lovey-dovey time home alone! Smiley52 

If Dora is sitting on the egg, she either knows it's going to hatch, or she is going broody.

My mind flashes back to my grandad (late 1950s) telling me to keep away from a shed where there was a "Broody Hen"!
From that moment on, I heeded the warning but unfortunately equated "Broody Hen" with "Hyena on the warpath".....
I used to have bad dreams about Broody Hens chasing me over endless landscapes..... Smiley3

I hope the egg hatches! And you hear the flutter of tiny wings soon!
Dora is a gentle sweet broody hen. I cleaned the cage without disturbing her and she was fine with me. Right now she hopes the egg will hatch. They both do.

No doubt those quiet afternoons while I was still at work were all the time they needed.

Only time will tell. I will keep you posted.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

This is so exciting!! I hope that the egg hatches a nice birdie for the two of them. My Lucy laid one egg in her lifetime but never sat on it.

[Image: SIKJY9t.jpg] [Image: yRhDAiH.jpg]                                                                                            
Dora is being faithful to sitting on the egg. I got a nest that was big enough for her to be comfortable in and deep enough that the egg won't fall out.
I am hoping for a baby. It would be very cute.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine