Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The fight moves to Vietnam: sign and save dogs from a terrible fate
That wonderful organisation, Soi Dog, having more or less won the battle against dogs being exported from Thailand for boiling alive abroad, has now moved its attention to Vietnam, where (along with China) dogs are routinely clubbed and thrown into boiling water (often still alive) and finally eaten. Many Vietnamese are as upset as we are about this appalling cruelty. But the Government there needs to act.

So anyone reading this can help by signing the petition to the Vietnamese Government asking for this terrible practice to be banned. Here is the link:
https://savedogs.soidog.org/vietnam
I signed.
I had also heard that many people in Vietnam are against this. So let's hope their voices and those from the rest of the world will persuade the Vietnamese Government to act, to get this banned.

Thank you again Soi Dog for your determined work to help dogs.
I think many people are not happy when they hear what really goes on. If enough people object then the government can justify acting to stop the cruelty.

I think increasingly it is not acceptable to eat the product of extreme animal cruelty.

Didn't they just shut down a slaughterhouse that was brutally killing cows with sledge hammers. I will look for the link. It is a sign that the people of Vietnam are changing and rejecting older crueler ideas.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

The world is slowly changing, I believe. There are many things on the brink of change which will be looked back on -in say -twenty years time -as barbaric and unthinkable.

This will of course, only happen if those who can speak against these things continue to do so.
If you look back 20 years now I am sure you can see changes. Who thought about the environment and climate change except for experts. Now everyone is aware. We don't all act on the knowledge yet, but we are aware there is a problem.

Animal cruelty issues are now becoming known to the general public. People have to become aware and then they have to decide that they reject the cruelty. I think you are right, we are on the brink of change.

We are going to see it happen in our lifetime.

For the sake of the animals that are suffering now, I hope the change comes soon.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine