Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Father's Day!
Happy Father's Day to all the animal and human fathers out there, especially those who are part of our Forum Family.

[Image: IMG_9575.JPG]
Lambert, the big white piggie was one of the best fathers. He lived with his son Rosebert for the rest of his life and was so good to him. He also was a good father to the little agouti, Norbert, who is actually Pigbert's son. Pigbert was foster father to Lambert when I brought him home as a tiny baby. So the tradition fathering is passed on from one generation to the other.
Well done all you fathers who pass on the tradition even to children who are not your own.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, happy Father's Day to all Dads, whether furred or feathered, with scales....or human.

My Jack Russell, Toby, was a father of 13 pups by two 'wives', one called Daisy, and one called Fatima. Daisy liked a bit of "how's your father" (twice)...but Fatima did it with less enthusiasm, although she was a good mother to her pups....
All the pups were wanted, loved and had good homes. I have pictures of them, but unfortunately not digital. One is on my wall all the time.

...And a kind thought to my own dear Dad, who has passed over now. A talented engineer and pianist.
This is for you Dad....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDP5rOTpZBg
Very beautiful music. I made myself a cup of peppermint tea and sat quietly watching the doves while the music played. It kept on playing one after another so I had a nice quiet rest. Thank-you.
Catherine

I join with you in wishing a happy Father's Day to all fathers, whether human or animal of any other type.

Tobi, what a fantastic idea to dedicate a piece of music to your father! I will unashamedly copy your idea and do the same:

To my beloved father, now busy on the astral, who was publicity officer for the Syd Lawrence Orchestra for many years and loved the music of Glenn Miller:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0CIke1qbgM
Wow! I didn't know your Dad was publicity manager for the Syd Lawrence orchesta! He did a fine job there.

And I just love Chattanooga choo-choo! Like button

Happy Father's Day LPC SENIOR!Smiley4
Now that was fun listening. You both had interesting fathers with good taste in music.

My father couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, but he was able to fix anything.That is where I get my "fix-it" skills from.
Catherine

Fix-it Dads are wonderful in life!

Er....you don't feel like moving to the UK (plus snakes, plus doves, plus Guinea Pigs....?) I could do with a fix-it person who lived not far away! HAHAHA! Everything needs fixing in my life. I am a bit of a "Heath-Robinson" fixer! i.e. it usually works when I have invented a contraption but doesn't last too long and is usually made of string, wire, and any other odd bits which I pick up on walks....
My pockets are like a schoolboy's. Full of junk. Waste not want not.
(06-23-2015, 03:12 AM)Tobi Wrote: It usually works when I have invented a contraption but doesn't last too long and is usually made of string, wire, and any other odd bits which I pick up on walks....
The mind boggles, haha!
Yes it is a mind boggling experience from the sharp end too! haha
I am going through a "Bungee cord and cup-hook" phase right now..... Big Grin
Use duct tape. You can fix anything with duct tape.Smiley4

If we had a way of instant travelling I would gladly fix things for you.
I fix my own things because the guys that the landlord sends to fix things usually break three things for every thing they fix. My toilet is a newer low flow toilet(the old one was not broken!), recently installed, but it is not quite level. I would say something, but it would end up worse. I am going to fix the sidewalk myself because that does need to be level.
I will even read the instructions on the instant concrete bag so that I do it right. Funny thing about reading instructions, you add the right amount of water and you do things at the right temperature and you use the right tools. Sadly Tobi, I think it is not something you learn. I think being a handyman, jack of all trades is something you are born with. My brothers didn't get it, just me. It comes in very handy.
Catherine