Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Animal Behavior Film Festival
I have never heard of the Animal Behavior Film Festival. I am glad to hear that there is such a thing.

There are two good videos in this link. One about pollination, the other about winter adaption. They are done at a simplistic level, but the science is good and they are well done.
http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/2015...m-festival

This link is about submitting films to the festival. This years festival over, but it gives an idea of what type of festival it was.

http://www.animalbehaviorsociety.org/web...e-film.php
It would be an interesting festival to attend. I wonder where next years festival will be held.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

What a good idea for a film festival.

It's a great idea that children should be brought up with basic level awareness of such things as pollination. Some of those teachings and experiences are remembered for a whole life. I was particularly lucky as my mother explained all those sorts of things to me and I grew up with them. Also we lived in an urban/rural environment for most of my childhood, so such things could be seen daily.
But unfortunately those basic things were not taught in my junior school! And they should have been. And many other childrens' parents didn't care, so I doubt if they learned much at all about how the natural world works, or learned at an early age, to respect it.
I doubt most children and even most adults have any idea about pollination. That is why we used pesticides so freely. I think the pollinators are the key species to our ecosystems and whether they live or die will depend on them. We couldn't possibly hand pollinate all our food sources. We have finally run into something that we need to fix or else.

I hope they show the video to many people. I would like to see it shown in the schools all around the planet.

The slogan might end up being "Save a Bee and Save the World".
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine