Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cruel Baby monkey experiment-update
Quote:by Dr. Ruth Decker, M.D., J.D., M.B.A. · 447,373 supporters
Petition Update
UW-Madison Baby Monkey Researcher Ned Kalin's Lecture Disrupted by UC-Davis Animal Rights Activists

Dr. Ruth Decker, M.D., J.D., M.B.A.
St Louis, MO

Jun 18, 2015 — On June 10, 2015, three compassionate and very courageous young protesters stood up and disrupted a formal presentation given by Ned Kalin before an audience at the University of California-Davis describing his cruel baby monkey experimentation.

Members of the organization, UCDavis Primates Deserve Better forced a premature end to Kalin's guest lecture, refusing to be intimidated and confronted Kalin, repeatedly asking questions about the the morality of the use of baby monkeys in his fear and anxiety experiments at UW-Madison. The invited presentation was part of a lecture series organized by the UC Davis Mind Institute. I encourage you to view the YouTube video footage of the peaceful demonstration within the auditorium which was met with anger here

Lindsay, a spokesperson for the animal rights group UC-Davis stated, "We felt morally obligated to speak out about Ned Kalin's cruel experiments. These publicly-funded experiments are unnecessary and an affront to common decency."

Outrage continues over this experiment despite modifications in the study which is slated to begin this month. I thank the nearly 450,000 concerned individuals who have signed the change.org petition asking the university to cancel this experiment. Please contact Chancellor Blank via the main UW switchboard at 608-263-6400 to voice your opposition.

Best,
Dr. Decker

You have to love and admire the protesters. They shut the meeting down.
They are so right, "When is enough, enough, Stop maternal deprivation"
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I am so glad to know people are fighting against these experiments and won't give up. I am so grateful there are people like them in the world.

How could this ever be right!? We do not need EVER to cause suffering in order to ascertain whether maternal deprivation causes deep pain and trauma! We should already know that! We just know!

How dare we mis-use innocent creatures in order to find out what drugs are helpful for human depression, or what causes sadness? Love and understanding is usually the medicine all species need anyway.
I agree. Some research should never be done. It is knowledge that comes at too high a price. We already know the answer anyhow.

It sounds like the guy keeps repeating the experiment over and over again. I wonder who provided the grant money so he could do the experiment. Those are people we need to go after.

I love the way they used their protests to break up his presentation.
He should not be able to boast about the work he is doing.
Catherine

Signed. Blessings to those young and brave protesters! The meeting was abandoned, and more importantly, the issue was brought into to the attention of the whole world via the net. Let us hope that the university will reconsider, if the public response is massive; the petition is nearing its target figure.
A wonderful thing about our modern age is that people don't just sit back and let things happen any more. And many years ago these things would never have come to our attention.

I agree Catherine. It's those who fund it we need to go after. Without backers and sponsors, nothing can happen.
Lab projects like that are funded by grants. Many of them are government money, but I am sure there are private backers as well. So who out there would want to fund this research? If that were known then we could pressure them.

Now days it is all about public opinion and public image. Finally we can use those things to bring about good changes. The internet is the best tool we have ever had to plan protests and get campaigns going. We don't even have to be organized. You put something out there and it will get forwarded all around the world.

How great is that eh!
Catherine