Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 Reasons Why You Should Not Abandon Your Pets
The SPCA in Quebec came up with a list of 5 reasons why you should not abandon your pets.  It is a well thought out list. I might know in my heart why not, but it is always good to read a well thought out list. I might need to use these arguments with someone some time.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...stm&at=dt0

People should know why not in their hearts, but for those who don't there are good reasons.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Yes, good reasons. Although it should be simply unthinkable to abandon any companion animal -ever -for whatever reason. There is almost always some possible alternative if people work hard enough to find it and don't give up.
For instance -if you have to move home but have a dog....go and rent a trailer instead on a dog-friendly site until you can find a home which allows dogs!
I never though about a trailer. It can be hard to find a new place when you have pets, but it can be done. Also, there are friends who would take your pet temporarily while you search for a place to live. There are always options that do not involve abandonment.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine