Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NO to Dog/Cat meat petitions
...A whole stack of them, targeting dog and cat meat operations in the far East.
Click on each line in turn, and it will take you to the petition on change.org or on other sites.

http://koreandogs.org/petitions/

I just went down the list and signed the whole lot.

PLEASE (unless you really need to) -don't look at the images or watch the videos. Most of us know by now what happens, and the images are deeply troubling, horrendous and upsetting. Once I had logged into change.org, I could simply scroll down and sign each one. It was hard to work down the list, and deliberately not look at the pictures but I had to. We have to keep shouting about this ANIMAL HOLOCAUST.
(07-08-2015, 12:01 AM)Tobi Wrote: We have to keep shouting about this ANIMAL HOLOCAUST.

Like button

Thanks for the links. I hope to find time tomorrow to sign the petitions.
It took some time, but I signed them all.

I am glad you posted them, although you may have set a Forum record for the most petitions posted at one time.

I had heard that there was going to be a Korean dog meat festival. You saved me from having to look for it.

I know the pictures and videos are bad. I have looked at some of them, but I couldn't look at them all at once. It is too much. I just feel I need to see everything that is posted on the forum. I will come back to this tomorrow and look at some more.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Even if someone has only time to sign one or two of those petitions, it helps.

I did start signing with the definite intention to NOT LOOK at any of those pictures, or I might not be able to continue. But of course, did catch sight of a couple, as it's hard to navigate a web page without glancing at content. From then on I worked out a determined way to do it without looking, like walking down a path and not glancing to left or right.

I didn't post those links to expose people to shocking and upsetting content. But only because those dogs and cats desperately need all the help they can get. We have to be very brave and help them.
Indeed - and quite right. South Korea is by far the worst offender in this area - far more than China, which has received more publicity. I also tried not to look at the horrific images, but some were at the top of the page. But some cynical people might not sign unless they see with their own eyes the horrendous, vile cruelty going on.

I signed all of the petitions marked "new" (about twenty I would guess) and also some of the older ones. I urge anyone reading this thread to spare a little time to sign some of these petitions. It costs nothing except a few minutes of your time. South Korea is very trade orientated, so will be sensitive to foreign disapproval.
I am amazed that there are so many petitions. That is a good sign. People are not happy about this and want it to stop. I was impressed that so many companies have supported the petitions. I am also glad to see that they are being linked to the Olympics. Companies are pulling their sponsorship of the Olympics. Maybe the Olympic Organization will move the event. If not, maybe countries or at least individual athletes will take a stand and stay home. It has been done for other causes, why not this one.

The graphic pictures are tough to deal with, but they need to be posted with the petitions because some people will not believe unless they see some proof. I think it is hard for us because we have seen so much this year. I had no idea how bad things were until we started hearing about the Gadhimai festival. It seems there is one issue after another.
There have also been some very real positive changes. We just have to keep signing and passing these posts on.
Catherine

There have been other issues recently in the town of Tianjing (Mrs Yang's home town. Although this did not concern her animal shelter) -where activists have tried to stop a truck full of dogs from proceeding to an illegal slaughterhouse. There have been confrontations between the police and the activists and a 2-day stand off where the dogs were kept on the truck, 5 cages deep in dreadful heat. The activists worked through the day and night to give water, ice and food to the dogs.
The stand off ended when the police allowed the truck to go on. But at some point the dogs were put into a holding yard, allowed to walk about and to receive food and water. This has been going on since July 7th. The last I heard (last night UK time) it is not concluded yet.
I am now waiting for updates from the Chinese animal activists, through the blog "No To Dog Meat":
https://notodogmeat.wordpress.com/

These links might be helpful for anyone wishing to do some fighting:

The first one contains letter suggestions to send (via email) to Embassies, etc. The text can be copy-pasted, and one's own signature attached at the bottom, and sent by email to the email addresses provided on the bottom link.

https://sites.google.com/site/lettersuggestions4yulin/

And this is a list of Chinese Embassies:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...I3U/edit?pli=1

...And that's just China. The fight is also on-going against the awful dog and cat holocaust in Korea...
This is an incredible fight to protect dogs and cats.
I am impressed by the determination and the will to stop the slaughter.
When you get this kind of a campaign going, it will succeed in the end. They have already rescued many dogs and cats. I am sure all this publicity will bring an end to the dog meat industry. It might take years more work, but committed people working for a cause can move the world.
(It was pressure from activists that stopped nuclear testing in the south Pacific)

Their slogan "It's not cool to be cruel" is very powerful. It reaches people on a basic level.
I hate knowing that the festival is going on, but I am glad that there are people there fighting it and protesting at Korean embassies around the world.

Let us know if you hear anything else.
Catherine

In Tianjin, the police are acting illegally, and obviously do not care. As apparently, there are many stolen dogs among the truck-load. The owners of these dogs have proof, apparently, that their dogs were stolen, and that they are there.

That is what I have heard through the information posted on the blog, anyway.

Police must be receiving orders from someone somewhere. Although possibly are acting independently. I think they fear a 'power of the people' situation, and that is why they are doing these things.

Many dogs have Canine Distemper symptoms. I could completely understand an order for humane euthanasia of dogs affected, (as if the police would allow that to happen!) but not what is going on.
Some dogs however can recover from Distemper.

I heard 349 dogs have been counted "safe"....but it isn't over yet.
Latest news and video from "Guardians of Chinese Animal Protection"

Volunteers are helping the dogs as best they can in the temporary shelter, set up only just over 3km from the slaughterhouse. They report that "there have been no more fatalities today".

https://www.facebook.com/140308990665845...967491210/