Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stunning video about animal adoption
This is one you should see. Anyone who wants to adopt a pet should see it.

http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0

I think the video speaks for itself.

I can't imagine what an abandoned pet goes through. I just took back two of my snakes after they were returned, three years later. At least coming back to me is coming home for them. They remember me. If I wasn't around to take them in they had little chance of finding a home as a pet. That is why I rehome older pets. People don't want "used" pets. They want new ones.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It's a very poignant video with a strong message. An animal companion is a family member. People are very LUCKY to have an animal companion. Animals are not for trading in or abandonment any more than any other family member is.
So it's always wise to be sensible and think ahead before getting an animal. Can it be provided for well and loved, (including medical costs!) until the end of its days?
People treat al animals as disposable. It is fun for awhile to have a pet and then they can't be bothered with it. Clearly these people don't have much character.

The video is very emotionally powerful. I can think of people I want to show it to, but I doubt they get the message.

People think nothing of abandoning a reptile. Even after years they just reject it. Reptiles bond too and they are hard to place when they are older.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine