Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Midnight Crazies
Shocked 
My neighbour upstairs has two cats. They seem older and they are large gentle brown tabbies. They often greet me when I come into the building. They sit in the window and enjoy the view of our front garden. Other than that they are quiet and I seldom hear them. Then it hits midnight! It is like they wake up and turn into wildthings. They thunder up and down the hall above me. It sounds like a herd of buffalo. Ten minutes later it all goes quiet and I don't hear another sound......until the next midnight!

This happens every night. You could set your watch by it. I will be working on the computer and they start up and sure enough, it is midnight. It is like they have two personalities or since there are two of them, four personalities. I have lived with cats although not recently and I have never had cats act quite like this. It is kind of cute and funny.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

As we all know cats are nocturnal by nature. I can say from having many, many, kittens/cats over the years, they are always their most active around that time Sad. I watch them sleeping ALL day knowing that when it's time for me to go to bed they will want to play, prowl, meow, go outside, come inside, want a midnight snack, etc. Undecided
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
So the midnight crazies are normal. When I had cats I was a student so midnight was when I started typing a term paper due in the morning. My poor cat used to fall asleep beside the typewriter(no computers in those days) so he was so tired he just couldn't run around like that.

I kind of like hearing them run around. I tells me that they are there and doing just fine.Smile
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine