Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Engaged at the Zoo
On June 27th I went to the zoo with 2 of my best friends and my boyfriend. I had a funny feeling about it but enjoyed getting to see all the animals. I has suspected that my boyfriend was going to propose to me but had kept my expectations low because I didn't want to get my hopes up. It had been over cast with scattered showers all morning and we had gone though half of the zoo and all the big cats where on the last half which are my favorite. We walked though to the tigers but their cage was under construction and they had the tigers separated because of fights. So we moved on to the clouded leopard which smelled bad and looked sad laying all alone. Then we came to the couger exhibit and the couger was no where to be seen. At this point we were running out of animals and I was convinced that all the blaring proposal signs were all in my head. We came to the flamingos and the sun started shining. There was this one that kept walking backwards with its head under the water. I was laughing and got a video of it. I looked around for Kasey, my boyfriend, cause I wanted a picture of us. I was going to take it but he told me told me don't worry Heather and Chris have it. Oh did they ever. He began telling me how much he loves me and how I am his world then gets down on one knee and asked me to marry me. He pulls out a blue box made out of legos (The Lego Movie was our first date) and sitting in the box is his moms ring that she had given to him a couple months before she died unexpectedly. I of course was so happy I said yes and of course immediately began to gloat because I was right. I had known he was going to propose. I had even given him the idea but never thought he would actually use it.
Kasey's mom gave him her ring on the one condition that he give it to me. She hated all his other girl friends but she loved me almost from day one and made me part of the family.
Ive always loved animals but never did I think they would me so much more to Kasey and I. The first time he told me he loved me was at a reptile expo he accidentally let it slip. And then propose to me at the zoo. Ive always dreamed that if my dog Buddy was still with us and capable if he could be the ring bearer. Kasey absolutely loves the idea. He even came up with the idea to have one of my other dogs, Mia, be the flower girl.
Im just so excited and happy to plan this wedding. We had to incorporate animals into it somehow. Otherwise it wouldn't be my wedding. It will still be a couple years before we actually get married but Im excited about the future.
I wish you every happiness!
[Image: t4427.gif]
Libby, I am so happy for you. This is wonderful news.
The fact that he proposed at the zoo tells me he is the one for you.
[Image: t5407.gif][Image: t5409.gif][Image: t5406.gif][Image: t5410.gif][Image: t5418.gif][Image: t5420.gif][Image: t5422.gif]
The zoo is a very romantic place for an animal lover.

Can you get married at the zoo? Mia could be Flower girl/ring bearer, but it would be nice to have other animals present.
[Image: b0601.jpg][Image: b0606.jpg][Image: b0610.jpg][Image: b0611.jpg][Image: b0646.gif][Image: b0633.gif][Image: b0637.gif]

Where ever and when ever you get married I am sure it will be the most special day of your lives.
Congratulations to you both.
I look forward to hearing about your plans.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you. As of now the hopeful plan is to get married at my aunts house cause her yard is amazing. Buddy will be the ring barrer and Mia the flower girl. I might even convince one of my friends to include one of her snakes if she feels comfortable bringing one. My aunts neighbor I think still has a horse so if anything we might get some pictures with her. And of course engagment pictues have to inclued my dogs and at least my gecko Jack cause he's the only one that could handle a mini photo shoot. My neighbor might even let us borrow one of her horses. It will be a few months before we even begin to try and start planning anything but I'll keep you updated.
I am still excited about your good news. Heart

A wedding in your aunt's yard would be great. You can have Mia and Buddy there. Jack would be fine if it is a warm day. I would think a snake would be okay with a wedding. You will probably have birds and butterflies if it is summer. It will be a beautiful wedding.

(I take some of my snakes to a two day street festival. I have each snake in a travel container until I need him out and then I put him back. All the snake needs is a water dish and don't let it get too hot or cold. They love the experience.)

You are going to have so much fun planning this. It is your day so do what ever your heart desires.
Keep us posted.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Oh wow Libby! (Tears-in-my-eyes moment!) I was feeling so sad about the clouded Leopard....and then your lovely news!
I wish you and Kasey every happiness.