Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pastor charged for cruelty to snakes
AngryAngryAngryAngry
I am beyond angry and disgusted.
It is such a horrific act of cruelty to eat a baby snake like that, still alive and feeling pain and fear.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-courts/s...-1.1887509

Little snakes are very sensitive creatures and they are so timid. It would have been an unspeakable death.Smiley19
I am glad they are going after the pastor who did this. I hope they totally throw the book at him.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

It is ironic that this act of cruelty was being carried out by, or under the direction of, a leader of a church. This is yet another example of the hypocrisy which exists in many organised religions. This man claims to be a Christian, whereas in Matt 10:29 it says, "What is the price of two sparrows--one copper coin? But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it." In other words, even a sparrow is part of creation and important to the Source. Yet this man seems to think he can be cruel to a snake by eating it alive, just because he is "religious".

Equally objectionable, however, is anyone else who eats crabs, shrimps or prawns, which are normally boiled alive. Some people claim that their nervous systems are not developed enough to feel pain, but I have my doubts. The vile Descartes pinned his wife's pet dog to a board and dissected it alive, as he claimed dogs couldn't feel pain, but we know better now....It may well be that with better science, we will know in the future that invertebrates feel pain, as well.

The only difference with this man is that he claims to be "religious" (and therefore "good" in his own eyes) whilst committing this infliction of pain and suffering. I could do without such "religious" people.
It is shocking what people will do to animals in the name of religion.
It is shocking what people will do to reptiles. When you combine the two it is horrible. Reptiles are treated with such deliberate cruelty.

I think we are going to have to rethink a lot of what we eat and how we kill it. We know so little about shellfish and crustaceans.
Most people just refer to them as seafood. They do not consider that they have an existence other than as food for us.

When we finally understand what various animals actually feel, we are going to be quite shocked
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(07-21-2015, 03:05 PM)Catherine Wrote: When we finally understand what various animals actually feel, we are going to be quite shocked
Indeed!
How dreadfully and needlessly cruel! Of course snakes feel pain!! How dare any of us be so certain anyway about who does and does not feel pain? We shouldn't be doing things to them of an excruciating nature anyway.

Well, my question is -would Jesus have done that? My answer has got to be NO. He wouldn't. Now there was someone who lived by true Christian principles!

Some of these so-called "Christians" have got too far away from the one they are supposed to be batting for.