Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ikea solves dogs in hot cars problem
Ikea has come up with an idea that allows you to bring your dog with you, but you don't have to leave it in the car.

They have doggy parking spaces.
http://news.google.ca/news/url?sr=1&ct2=...t=2&at=dt0
They are not available in all countries yet, but they are so popular that I am sure they will be.

What is next, a test room so you can see if your cat likes the new furniture before you bring it home.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Well....it looks nice but there are variables involved, such as:
There is no guarantee the dogs all parked-up will get along peacefully.
Unless the area is uber-secure, dogs could be stolen.
This might encourage people to leave their dogs outside for inordinate amounts of time while they are hanging out in the store.

Some of the comments on the page are interesting....I like this one:

"If you overstay, do they clamp them?" (by 'Pilchard The Cat' UK)
I am sure there are still a few bugs to be sorted out, but the idea is good.
I think the dog area must be supervised. I know the children's play areas are supervised.
There would need to be some way to prevent dog thefts. It wouldn't be good if people left their dog there all day, but those people would have left the dog in a hot car, so it is still better for the dog.
Catherine

Yes that is true. It is MUCH better for the dogs than being in a hot car! I think this is basically a great idea. Thank you Ikea.
They are pretty smart when it comes to helping customers. They have inexpensive meals right there in the store so you can keep on shopping even if you get hungry.
It is a big store, food and water is a must.

I notice that the dog's have water dishes. They have tried to make it comfortable for them.

Now if only they instructions were easier to understand and the store was not so far away.
Catherine