Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteering aboard
Rainbow 
Hello dear fellow animal lovers,

My name is Sandra and I am planning my volunteering trip to Guatemala to take care of local animals.

Not all animals are lucky enough to be loved and taken care of, that's the reason why I want to dedicate my time and work to them.

Unfortunately, volunteering aboard nowadays is a little bit expensive. That's where you could come in.

Whole my life I have been a huge animal lover and I still am. I feel a deep connection and compassion towards to animals and I feel animals have to suffer so much because of us - not just dogs, cats, but all of them. I am from Estonia. I quit eating meat when I was 15. It was an issue at my family, because it was against the norms. I went to protest against circus acts and got threaten to get beaten up by the circus' owner. When I was a young kid and tried to stand up for a homeless dog, who was harassed by young crazy kids, they threw stones at me and hit. I have learnt recently animal circumstances in Guatemala, and I can't turn my back on this. I feel the urge to help and make the difference. Right now, I believe this is a perfect time to go because I have so much passion and fire and it's bursting inside me to get out and help the ones without the voice. Dogs and cats are not loved and respected as much in Guatemala as they are here. Dogs get beaten up on the streets just because they are animals, and there's no stop for it. My duties there would include daily care of animals, fundraising, small construction work and I can't wait until I can get my hands dirty!

I am collecting small donations via a fund raising site. Please contact me by PM for more details of my plans and how to contribute.

Thank you so much for giving your time to read.

Best,
Sandra
Welcome to the forum. I wish you good luck in seeking donations for your trip. However, this forum does not allow links to fundraising sites. This is because we have no way of checking that the funds would be spent as intended, although I do not doubt your dedication and sincerity.

I have therefore deleted the links you put in your post, and inserted a note that members can contact you by private message (PM) via this forum for more details, should they so wish. So anyone wanting to donate can still get in touch with you.

Thank you for your understanding. Our policy can be viewed at http://www.animalloverswebforum.com/show...hp?tid=875 and although this is targeted at fundraising for vet bills, it applies also to other forms of private fundraising.
Welcome to our forum, Sandra.

I admire your desire to help animals in Guatemala. It's true that animals throughout the world are not treated very well, with the exception of those who know them as family members and dear companions. Attitudes in many places fall short of even the most basic care and compassion. Stray animals are treated even worse, in many countries. Yet the stray problem has been caused by humans in the first place!

So I wish you the very best for your volunteering abroad. And bless you for caring.
It is admirable that you want to help animals in countries where there is much need. I hope you have success in getting there.

One of our Administrators has made you aware of our fundraising policy. Thank-you for working within our rules.

Do you have a set place or shelter in Guatemala where you would be working. We would love to hear the details. Also anyone considering donating would need to see what your plans are.

All the best in your dedication to helping animals.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

I always find it strange that complete randoms make their first post asking strangers for money.

Anyways going by your page you only need money to pay for your flights and insurance. If you don't already, maybe you could sell your paintings. They're pretty good.

Good luck with your adventure