Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatchery throws live chicks out as garbage
Oh I saw that video yesterday. I just somehow 'found it' for some reason. It was very very sad, but thankfully the team of helpers did manage to save some. I hope they are okay.

Basically, people do not realise that by buying MANY products available in stores, which contain egg, they are supporting this awful cruelty (and that is just about everything on the cakes and baked goods shelf....mayonnaise.....ready meals....in fact there are products one would never imagine contain egg, but they do.) Some people think that 'going vegetarian' because they care about animals is a good idea....then forget (or don't know) about the lemon drizzle cake or that chocolate cake which contains so much pain and suffering.

If anyone seriously doesn't want to support this, then it means doing some research, and finding out which products don't contain egg, or are vegan. Or taking reading glasses along and reading labels when buying.
By the way there are some absolutely scrumptious vegan cakes around, usually at health food stores, and may cost a little more but they are gorgeous!

Occasionally, but rarely, there are people who produce small amounts of free-range eggs, and do not cause a cruel death to the male chicks. I knew someone (a neighbour) who did this. She raised the males, then found homes for them where they were wanted, taken good care of, and lived a natural life. But she was a rare breed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hatchery throws live chicks out as garbage - by Tobi - 07-22-2015, 10:07 AM