Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatchery throws live chicks out as garbage
Mostly here, male chicks are tossed live into a grinder. I get the shakes just thinking about it.

Quote:I usually avoid reading the comments below, as they are often argumentative and abusive, but this comment by a former worker showed just how common this practice is: "I worked in a hatchery many years ago, and have seen this happen. I had to quit because I couldn't handle the mortality rate of it all. Almost everyday I went home and cried. It was baby chicks and baby turkeys. Once the machines were all cleaned, if a batch of chicks got missed, the guys would tie them up in a garbage back and put them in the dumpster. I alerted the humane society and hopefully they are more closely monitored. It's heartbreaking!!"

This is a whole different level of cruelty. They are choosing to discard live chicks as so much garbage. It shows a total lack of feeling for living creatures. It is not killing them as part of the job. It is setting them up to die slowly because they are too careless to even kill them.

It is scary to think that there are people out there who are so empty in their souls.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Messages In This Thread
RE: Hatchery throws live chicks out as garbage - by Catherine - 07-24-2015, 01:39 PM