Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Mama Bear Wants to Brag a Bit
Smiley13
Let me begin by saying I appreciate your patience while I "go on" about my Payne for a minute.
I just felt the need to share Blush.
I mentioned in another thread just how intelligent my girl Payne really is.
I knowwwww everyone thinks they have the smartest dog in the world Undecided, but I honestly think she might just be *wink*!
How many dogs do you know that will find a mislaid chicken egg, carry it across 3 acres of rough terrain, open the screen door, carry it in the house, all the while carrying it ever so gently in her mouth, and gently lay it on the carpet of my daughters' room, for her to collect when she gets up???
Not one crack in the egg mind you!!

....And I know she understands English, no one can tell me otherwise Smiley17
I will be sitting in the living room and Payne is sound asleep. I will be having a conversation with Bock and in the same monotone voice, in the middle of the sentence say: "Dad's home".
Payne will jump up, run to the back door, and start whining to get out of the house!!

She can open doors by herself. A feat that impresses most guests.

These are just a few of the amazing things she does. So now I feel better having shed some light on why I am confident in thinking I MAY just have the smartest dog in the world!!!

This post is mostly in jest, but you have to admit she sounds pretty dang smart, right!
...Or am I just one of those Mama Bears Confused?!
[Image: m0223.gif] Come join the fun! [Image: m0218.gif]
mypetsonparade.com
Wonderful, AF! Could you maybe take a video of Payne doing something clever? I'd love to see it.
I think you have every right to brag.

Lots of dogs learn some words. Some dogs learn to open doors.
I have never heard of a dog bringing an egg home.

I agree Payne might just be one of the smartest dogs in the world.
She is certainly one of the nicest dogs.18

I used to have the smartest goldfish in the world so why shouldn't you have the smartest dog.
(The fish stared at their food container until it fell on the floor and of course when I picked it up they got a snack)
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

(08-10-2015, 06:08 AM)LPC Wrote: Wonderful, AF! Could you maybe take a video of Payne doing something clever? I'd love to see it.

We actually have a video of Payne opening the back door, lol! It's pretty cute.
I'm sure Bock would be more than happy to post it, but there's one thing I'm not sure of.
Can videos be posted directly here at ALWF, or just links? [remember, I am NOT the 'techie' of the AnimalFamily, lol]
If not I will have her post it on MPOP and then put up the link here?
mypetsonparade.com
As far as I know we can't post things like videos and pictures directly.
I think if you post the video on MPOP we can take a link from that. I haven't tried it though.

I would love to see the video.
Catherine

I [meaning Bock, lol] will check it out.
I didn't think videos could be posted directly, but I should think pics could.....who knows.
Maybe Bock can give the software a look and see if either is possible?
At any rate, I will see about getting the video up.
mypetsonparade.com
I am pretty sure that we can't post things directly. Articles, pictures and videos all need an URL.

It is a nuisance, but I am sure there is a reason.

If Bock has any suggestions I would love to hear them. She might want to look over the software anyhow. I think things are working okay, but I am not sure I would know.
Catherine

Oh Payne! That is amazing, to carry the egg so gently like that and not to be tempted to eat it.

I would very much like to see a video of Payne.

My Misty did not pass the doggy IQ tests! Not ever. But 'outside the box' she had tremendous loving intelligence. So watch out for those guidelines that humans come up with about 'how clever dogs are'.
We know them, and know how bright they are!
The idea of a doggy IQ test designed by humans seems rather silly.

Not all dogs are equally intelligent, but who tests the IQ of the person supposedly testing the dog's IQ. Most people who test dogs think of them as lab animals. They are hardly fit to test what a dog is really like.
Catherine