Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from a very hot UK!
I know, I know, can hardly believe it myself, but it's a gorgeous day here in the UK today, at least in sunny Worcester anyway Smiley4

I'm Jason and I'm aiming to work as an animal therapist of sorts in the near future. Currently I'm a graphic and web designer but maybe not for long!

Hope to meet lots of animal fans here. LPC sent me here from another animal forum so high-five to Peter!
A very warm welcome to the forum! I look forward to reading lots of interesting posts from you. Feel free to tell members about the pets you have....and some photos if you wish.
Greetings, Jason! And welcome from me too. Smile

It is lovely weather in the UK right now. Not too hot where I live (the South West) and there is a nice breeze.

A high five indeed to Peter for referring you! 28
Greetings Jason. Welcome to the Forum. I recognized you right away from MPOP. Thanks to Peter for directing you our way.

I should have thought of it, but Peter is better at things like that.

I didn't realize that you were having a hot summer. We are a little on the cool side. I am wearing a jacket in the mornings and I have to remember to close the windows at night. We have lots of sunshine though.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thanks everyone!

Catherine, I must congratulate you, it says you joined the forum in 1970 so it seems you went back in time before the web was invented - wow! Was it a Delorean?

Smile
Welcome
Haha Catherine! Big Grin That has to be a mis-print! Good spotting, Jason!

Actually, maybe you are a secret time-traveller.....?Smiley4
Quote:Catherine, I must congratulate you, it says you joined the forum in 1970 so it seems you went back in time before the web was invented - wow! Was it a Delorean?

Quote:Haha Catherine! Big Grin That has to be a mis-print! Good spotting, Jason!

Actually, maybe you are a secret time-traveller.....?Smiley4

I would love to have you think I have the secret of time travel, but the internet didn't exist in 1970.
Jason, that was quick of you to notice.
It is not a misprint.

I never actually registered for the Forum because it is my site and I was on the site before there was a forum. I am the one who downloaded the forum software package that became the forum and that automatically made me the first member.
I think the 1970 date is a bit of a joke on the part of the software developers. It is the year that two computers were linked for the first time(I looked it up since I am not a computer geek). It is really the birth of what will become the internet. I think it is hilarious and I wonder if there are other jokes that we are missing.

Believe me, by the time Bock and I turned the software into the forum you see now, it felt like I had been on it since 1970.Smiley4

It was every night until 4am for a week. We both were on MPOP chat room so she could tell me how to do things. I had to be the one to do them since it was all in my name. The Forum was ready for the first post at 4am and I felt I should be the one to make the first post so I went ahead and said something. I grabbed a few hours sleep before a long day of work. When I got home there were all kinds of members and posts. It was a wonderful feeling. I think I will stick with my 1970.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Just for the record, I didn't "poach" Jason from my MPOP. We exchanged a few PMs on another animal forum (not MPOP), and he asked if there were any other similar forums. I'm sure that he will be a valuable new member.
LOL Catherine! The 1970 joke was too cool for my brain!
I didn't know that 1970 was the year 2 computers were first linked. That is fascinating. That was when I was 17 (or 16) I wonder if the Moon mission had something to do with a growth spurt regarding computers...?

Jason will be very welcome here. It's good to see a new member arrive!