Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trap-Neuter-Return
I am so glad to hear trap/neuter/return is in operation for the feral cats in Toronto. Your city certainly seems to have its act together about many issues!

I totally agree with TNR, to help with the stray cat problem. Feral animals don't even WANT a 'forever home'....they just want to return to their territory safely. Of course, there are always those who hate cats, and think they are a threat to wildlife, but the cats deserve humane teatment, in my opinion.

I 'know' some feral cats (as much as any human can 'know' a wild animal!) and the idea of them being 'culled' is a sad thought. They live short lives generally. Yes they can breed at a rate of knots, but the ones I observe certainly have not over-populated as far as I can see. Even though not spayed and neutered. They live up at the farm. The farmers are gentle and kind to them, and let them be. They even give them milk, and off-cuts of meat and fish now and again.
I guess there are about twenty all-told, but one thing I don't see is over-population. They have too many factors against their survival out here.

But I am a great believer in the trap/neuter/release programs.

Messages In This Thread
Trap-Neuter-Return - by Catherine - 08-16-2015, 04:45 PM
RE: Trap-Neuter-Return - by Tobi - 08-17-2015, 03:43 AM
RE: Trap-Neuter-Return - by LPC - 08-17-2015, 06:43 AM
RE: Trap-Neuter-Return - by Catherine - 08-17-2015, 08:16 AM