Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dog rescued from cliff in Toronto
We have some pretty steep cliff called the Scarborough Bluff. People walking their dogs noticed a dog stuck half way down.

They called out Animal services and the fire department and a rescue attempt was begun. It wasn't easy and in the end they had to put on climbing gear and go down for the dog.

http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/dog-rescued-af...-1.2519290

The dog is lucky he was spotted. In this heat his lack of water could have been serious. He certainly is a friendly dog. The fact that he has no collar probably means that he has no home. I am sure however that he will have many people wanting to adopt him.
It is nice to see a happy ending.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

He is a very lucky dog. It's good that the lady spotted him. Those firefighters did a great job of rescuing him. Yes it must have been very hot out there in the daytime, so he is lucky he didn't get heat-stroke.

I wonder whose dog he is? And will he ever get home? Of course, if he'd had a microchip, he would probably have gone home in hours.
Here is the latest:http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/officials-sear...-1.2520470

So no he did not have a microchip. Yes he is doing very well. There is enough publicity so if he has anyone who wants to claim him they know where he is.
If no one comes forward he will be put up for adoption at the end of the week.
He is a nice looking dog and he seemed pretty friendly. He will have no trouble getting adopted. Dogs in Toronto usually find homes pretty fast.
Our Humane Society brings dogs in from other shelters and find them homes. I will let you know as soon as I hear something.
Catherine

He is a lovely dog. I am very glad he is okay, and was rescued. Three cheers for the firefighters yet again!!
I will let you know when he gets a home. I am sure he will, very soon.
Catherine