Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talking to Animals
I just came across this video:

http://www.talkingtoanimals.co.uk/a-hear...unication/

Anna Breytenbach, an animal communicator made a profound connection with a black leopard named Diablo, who came from an abusive background. From that moment on, the Leopard's attitude changed......

This is also a very interesting page on that same blog site which I discovered tonight. It mentions the "Trust Technique" -a method of communicating with animals, and helping them release old traumas, and begin to heal:

http://www.talkingtoanimals.co.uk/the-he...technique/
Isn't that amazing how Anna was able to connect with the leopard.
Some people have a special gift when it comes to dealing with animals.

I can understand why the leopard wanted a name change. He is not stupid. He would be aware of the negative associations with the name.

I just encountered the trust technique a few days ago. Jason posted about it on MPOP.
I don't know what they are actually doing, but they are clearly reaching the horses and connecting with them.

I think we can talk to animals. I am able to communicate with my reptiles. Their communication is quite different from ours and yet they are able to let me know if they have needs. I know if they are happy. When I tried to pair two snakes, the female was able to tell me that she just didn't like that male. I put her with a male that she likes and they are happy together.

It would be an incredible gift to hear an animal so well that they can tell you about past concerns and really tell you what they want. Some people have the gift stronger than others. Anna is a very strong communicator. I wish there were more people like her in the world.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine

Thank you for mentioning that post on my website Tobi, and for your comments Catherine.

With the Trust Technique it not only enables you to gain a strong trust with an animal but it can also facilitate their healing. You kind of bring them into a meditation so they self heal. I'm only practicing it right now but I'm hoping to become a practitioner one day for it. I don't talk about 'out of the box' things like this or practice them unless I have experienced them first hand and am completely confident they work. When I have practiced the Trust Technique on horses I sense a deep connection with them, and they are certainly drawn to the peace. They often come right up to you and put their head next to yours or against your heart. It's like they intuitively are drawn to it. And at the end of a session there is always a feeling of gratitude in the air. In fact, when I worked with a shetland pony a few weeks ago I'm sure it sent me a blast of what I would call simply 'love'. I felt buzzing and high for about half an hour after the session, it was quite strange!

As for the animal communication, this is something I am practicing and have found it to be an amazing way to connect with an animal. Some people call us pet psychics but I always think the word psychic can have negative views with some people so I rather use the term animal communicator. When receiving information it is in an intuitive way, so sometimes I get words come into my head, other times it could be pictures, video, emotions etc. Sometimes it quite subtle and other times you just know you had a strong connection. I had a very strong connection with a horse called Mishka which you can read about here http://www.talkingtoanimals.co.uk/commun...the-horse/

I know it's a bit of a 'woo' topic but I'll be happy to answer any questions you have here.

Thanks again.
I would definitely stay away from the word psychic, it just has too much baggage attached to it.

I think communicator is a good term. Whatever you are doing, you are communicating with the animal. Working with horses must be really interesting. I have not had much horse experience. They strike me as a very sensitive animal. Reaching them to reassure them must make a big difference in their lives. Clearly the horse was much better after you worked with her.
Please do share anything you can with us. A number of our members have had interesting experiences with animals and are quite sensitive to them.

I have reptiles, some of whom are damaged rescue reptiles. I have to be aware of very subtle signs to communicate with a reptile, especially snakes. I need to be touching them to know how they are really doing. Snakes are very tactile in their communication with each other so I figure it is the best way to reach them.
[Image: IMG_9091.JPG]
Catherine